Watch: Magician performs close-up tricks at a maximum security prison

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/10/watch-magician-performs-close.html

2 Likes

I hope he secretly slipped a few cigarettes or commissary cards into pockets when the guards weren’t looking.

5 Likes

Someone I know is in a hospital / care home type of thing for people with brain injuries, and therefore a variety of issues processing the reality around them. Apparently one time they got a magician to entertain the residents, but… well, they don’t book magicians there any more.

7 Likes

I’m imagining a sad epilogue where we find out prisoner #25731 was jumped in the mess hall and the other prisoners were digging around in his ear canal looking for more quarters.

1 Like

Now, if he were to make himself disappear; and then magically reappear outside the prison; I think he would have their undivided attention.

1 Like

Reminds me of a time I saw an Australian hypnotist perform in Singapore. The audience members were having a lot of trouble understanding his accent and smiled politely instead of falling under his spell.

3 Likes

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you’re under.
You will ‘heart’ this post.
Three, two, one… You’re back in the room.

3 Likes

The video magic is for video viewers… not for the inmates. He’s got a room full of willing shills to help make the ‘magic’ work.

Heh, I’ve still got it.

1 Like

Well, I had to like because I felt bad about what Paul McKenna did to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.