Watch: Man on bike attacks a group of activists, including a young girl

Thanks for that.

Deviants, eh? I think we can see which side of the war he’s on. Big man, narrow mind, thinks it’s ok to attack kids. Probably sitting at home shitting bricks now he realises what the consequences may be.

4 Likes

All I’m going on was the misIDed man’s Strava account, which has since gone private. The ride that was supposed to match took place on the 2nd, while the attack took place on the 1st. The pictures of the man didn’t seem to match up very well unless you think all 55ish white dudes look the same and the equipment he had didn’t match up either.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I found some stuff on twitter. Notably:

12 Likes

Yeah, he’s not just acting like one, he even looks like a cop.

3 Likes

Those kids showed incredible restraint. I would not have been so gracious.

3 Likes

That’s another thing that makes me think he’s a cop. The feeling of invulnerability and belief there will be no consequences.

13 Likes

From the nbcwashington article (Thanks Frank_LeHouilier):
All three victims, including two 19-year-old women, are adults, the man said. Some viewers of the video said they thought the second woman was a child.

So not a child but a woman; however, I stand my by prior FTFY.

2 Likes

I consider both to be improvements to my original post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please don’t. That’s not what “lynched” means.

23 Likes

Okay. What is the appropriate way of expressing that a large unorganized group of people decided to exact extrajudicial justice on an individual for his superficial resemblance to a criminal on-line? He wasn’t literally murdered and to the degree that using the term disrespects people who have been literally murdered or diminishes the seriousness of real lynching I am sorry for using the term.

5 Likes

10-1 he’s fucked here because one of them is a minor which means her parents can press full charges and there is nothing the police can do to stop it.

1 Like

This is a big part of why we don’t allow doxxing here. The risk of this happening is too great.

33 Likes

So. . . like . . . 5 to 1 then?

1 Like

Online bullying? Cyberstalking? Because the guy did not come to physical harm.

16 Likes

Mobbed? Swarmed?

5 Likes

I wonder if he knows he is on Twitter and the police are looking for him? I wonder if the police are turning to the local bike clubs? this is really excellent and clear video and the guy is pretty distinctive in size, helmet color, and type of bike. This really can’t take that long…unless he is police and they work with him to let the case go cold? Really interested in what happens here.

1 Like

Folks who ride usually go the same spots. Even if he doesn’t ride this trail for the next year someone will recognize him and get his plates if he is driving to the trail.
This guy is F’ed.

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying but can we PLEASE stop doing this? comparing getting attacked online to getting lynched? it’s not remotely the same thing. Yes, it absolutely sucks to have this happen to someone who didn’t actually do anything wrong, but it’s a far, FAR cry from ACTUAL lynchings, which are in many ways STILL happening today.

thank you.

20 Likes

Did you read my note above?

1 Like