Watch man rescue the most ferocious baby koala on the planet: "Angry little fella!"

Originally published at: Watch man rescue the most ferocious baby koala on the planet: "Angry little fella!" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Oh no! He’s got a Drop Bear!!!

koala GIF

34 Likes

:koala: Nooooo - I’ve heard about this from my uncle! You just want a younger model to pose for airline ads. Well, I’m not gonna do it! They only paid him a few lousy eucalyptus leaves! He hates Qantas…

16 Likes

Crikey!

5 Likes

That’s how you get chlamydia.

11 Likes

I don’t think my spouse would buy that excuse.

14 Likes

Only slightly harder to corral than a small toddler that doesn’t want to be picked up.

5 Likes

Only slightly harder to corral than a small toddler that doesn’t want to be picked up.

And a lot easier than a big one : - )

5 Likes

Interesting noise it makes, sounds dangerous.

6 Likes

Ummm…baby???

2 Likes

I like how he stops and poses with his chatty face close to the stiff little angerbeast like it couldn’t just whip a claw out and rip his freaking face off. OY!

11 Likes

galaxy quest cute angry gif

11 Likes

At a wild animal park there were two lines: one for the people who were going to hold the koala, the other for the people with cameras. You could look ahead and see the handler take the koala off one person, and hold it up to the next person, and the koala would reach out like a toddler, incredibly cute.

At that point it would latch on with a grip suitable for holding on to a tree without other support.

If you looked further you would see the people leaving the first line, rubbing their bruised rib cages. (“I can still feel it!”)

The koala was a juvenile, who hadn’t yet developed the smelly tarry armpit in the middle of its chest, meant for scenting trees directly. It is dangerous to hold the mature ones, and thereby get marked, because then you’ll get attacked by other koalas.

11 Likes

Those little hands…

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

10 Likes
3 Likes

I was waiting to the koala to shit on him as he went up the tree, it would have really made the video

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

The only Australian animals I fear more than the dreaded “drop bears” are the salt water crocodiles.

1 Like

It’s possibly young but it’s not a baby.

“Asshole, I was trying to get to the other side of the fucking road!”

1 Like