Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene awkwardly sits as callers bash her on live TV show

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

Thanks, Carla!

14 Likes

Yeah, I was perplexed too. It certainly didn’t seem like the UCTV that I’ve seen on their YouTube channel before. I do know that the UCTV with the University of CA system broadcasts in other states on cable access channels, too. But I’m sure the acronym UCTV is popular.

(I just looked again at the UCTV website to be sure and I see IL, KS, LA, MA, MI, MT and TX…GA is not listed as replaying UCTV - U of CA material.)

5 Likes

Even EmptyG is braver than Sinema who hasn’t had a town hall in three years. Of course, Marjorie might not have had enough presence of mind to realize that normal people might try to hold her accountable.

8 Likes

I suspect she assumed she’d get a completely friendly environment, because her assumption is that everyone in her district must think like her, since they live in “real America” (even though she herself comes from the north Atlanta suburbs). It’s complete and utter bullshit, of course. That district is certainly red and has some real right wing, racist elements, but that’s not the whole district.

13 Likes

Based on her clothes, the same, she did the TV spot either just before or after her smallish Starbucks sized Town Hall.

(The thread has some gem responses.)

4 Likes

Okay, can we stop talking about her clothes, please? That’s not the issue here.

11 Likes

But it’s the only thing of value. /s

4 Likes

Well, yes. I know that the way women look is the only thing of value in our society, because it’s been beaten over my head for all my life. We rarely focus on men’s clothing choices, though…

I’m much more concerned with getting this fascist out of office.

9 Likes

“The sound might clip your speakers. There’s no engineer to run the mixing board.”

2 Likes

JHC Ms Mindy where did that come from? Who cares about clothes? The clothes in question are the only thing of value here because she is a piece of human garbage.

FKCmgJZaMAQa95h

6 Likes

It was literally your first post in the thread, my dude… :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

She doesn’t care what the opposition may say, these people could never do what they do if they gave a shit about anyone.

I see a person that is getting away with their abuse by creating a circus of drama diversion and the people complaining are playing their part. The noisy opposition is necessary for her success.

And of course we have sites that keep promoting dumb stuff like these videos, supporting her by buying tickets to her circus.

She’s an ELECTED OFFICIAL, so no, “ignoring her” is not how to deal with her. She is in her district, hearing from HER constituents. They have a right to push back on her BS and to call her on it. It’s called holding your elected official to account.

A democracy is not had by holding your tongue except at the ballot box. A democracy is had when all of us engage with our elected officials and let them know how we feel about the job they are doing, which is exactly what the good people here of the 14th are actually doing.

“Ignoring them” is how we got here in the first place. We’ve been ignoring white supremacists now since the 1990s (if not before) and this is what it has metastasised into. You don’t deal with fascists by ignoring them, you shout them down and engage them, and reveal who and what they are every step of the way.

On Holocaust Remembrance day, we SHOULD keep that well in mind.

17 Likes

The degree to which the line between “random celebrity” and “elected official of the state” has been blurred in this country is really fucking toxic.

11 Likes

It’s tabloid journalism for likes, not fighting fascists.

Oh? She’s being *primaried’?
Are they even crazier than she is?
That seems to be the trend, around here in Texas,
as well as the candidate under attack bringing out the back-hoe to dig that hole deeper.

Not sure that bravery is involved here.

That’s because it won’t make a damn bit of difference.
Most men don’t care about that shit, & the ones that do aren’t people you want to deal with.
People like You Know Who, for instance…

Aren’t we all…
& not just her.

2 Likes

Bullshit.

5 Likes

YES, fighting fascists.
Wherever they may be.

9 Likes

But it’s not the proscribed way of fighting fascists, so it doesn’t count… /s

As if countering their BS propaganda isn’t a key part of the struggle against them… Sheesh.

7 Likes

Ohhhhh, proscribed then… like… Terry Pratchett’s depiction of:

https://wiki.lspace.org/Marquis_of_Fantailler_rules

pff!
:roll_eyes:

“legal phase”:

Btw, I am not cheerfully backing Stanley’s double-plus-ungood recounting here (though he is accurate), but his choice of headline here is such a reminder about double-standards and double-speak when talk of rules and legality and proscriptions get dragged out to do an awful (and I mean that) lot of work.

8 Likes