Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene awkwardly sits as callers bash her on live TV show

Originally published at: Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene awkwardly sits as callers bash her on live TV show | Boing Boing

11 Likes

That’s one way to get her to shut her hateful mouth, I suppose. Maybe she thought she’d get some soundbites of herself owning those educated West Coast elite libs, only to be blindsided and come up MT.

ETA: looks like it wasn’t the University of California outlet but a local Georgia one. Which makes her being blindsided all the sweeter.

32 Likes

Given her propensity for harassing people, I am still expecting her to either get shot or maced in the face in the near future. She’s going to piss off the wrong person at the wrong time.

13 Likes

14 Likes

There is a media and information literacy problem here. UCTV is the U of California TV station, but it is also a station in Georgia, confirmed by the area code for calling in on the chyron. The accents of the hosts and callers also points to this being in Georgia. And the chyron to turn down your TV would seem like odd advice to give to college students. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Seems to be a generational disconnect. /s

12 Likes

This seems accurate… I was thinking it weird that CA also had a 706 area code…

http://www.uctv265.com/

@Carla_Sinclair! How about an update!

Anyways… hearing those voices, with that southern twang, clearly from older folks, warms the cockles of my progressive heart!

31 Likes

Little House on the Prairie fashion is back?

5 Likes

Totally off-topic, but yes, ludicrous balloon sleeves have been back for over a year.

12 Likes

Apparently, the University of California maintains the access channels across the US for affiliated universities, under one umbrella:

9 Likes

I don’t know if this is the case here?

http://www.uctv265.com/about.html

9 Likes

I would have asked her on live TV why she will wear ludicrous balloon sleeves on loan from the Little House on the Prairie set but not a face mask? To the tune of over $90k in fines. How is that helping your constituents live better lives, getting cheaper health care, drinking clean water, etc…

Her inside the head answer would be “I don’t do sh*t for anybody but myself. Shut up!”

12 Likes

Didn’t yell communist once. I guess she didn’t want to appear crazy. “Medusa On Line. Please Turn Away From Your TV”

4 Likes

She’s not on any committees, she literally does nothing for the people in her district.

18 Likes

I think she’s aware that the audience for this show are her constituents (since it’s a locally broadcast channel), and she does not want to piss them off. It’s one thing to throw out incendiary remarks on what you know is going to be a totally friendly environment (a rally or on right wing news media), but it’s not nearly as helpful to do that where she is addressing ALL of her voters. That, in fact, is what gives me some hope here.

And that’s what both the candidates trying to primary here AND her Democratic opponents need to focus on most strongly - that she has done nothing to help the people in the district SHE moved to in order to win an election (she’s from the 6th originally and literally only moved to the 14th to run for the seat, because that part of teh state still has some far-right reactionary activity going on).

26 Likes

They’re okay - because they can stretch out for those of us who can reach the top shelf. While sitting.

12 Likes

I hope seeing it on folks like Greene helps the trend die again for another generation or two. Though some folks pull it off ok:

15 Likes

?!?!
Catching Doom Patrol GIF by HBO Max

13 Likes

I have very long arms

11 Likes

Thank you @Mindysan33 and @AnnArborite! It makes a lot more sense now. I made a correction in the post.

15 Likes