Grand Ouroboros Party

11 Likes
15 Likes

I hope he learned something, but I doubt it. And if anyone brings up that poll result, he’ll probably claim he was hacked by devilish Dems.

8 Likes
  1. Thesis: All their accusations are confessions
  2. Thesis: They will accuse anyone who wins a vote against them of cheating.
  3. Conclusion: They know that they can only win by cheating. QED.
13 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

tough idc GIF

7 Likes
3 Likes

Lindsey Graham can’t get no love.

4 Likes
4 Likes

McConnell Denounces R.N.C. Censure of Jan. 6 Panel Members

NY TIMES

No paywall:

https://archive.md/6aLJO

The remarks from Mr. McConnell, the normally taciturn Kentucky Republican, added to a small but forceful chorus of G.O.P. lawmakers who have decried the action that the Republican National Committee took on Friday, when it officially rebuked Ms. Cheney and Mr. Kinzinger for participating in the House investigation of the Jan. 6 attack, accusing them of “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse.”

Mr. McConnell repudiated that description, saying, “We saw it happen. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That’s what it was.”

8 Likes

Okay Turtle-man, are you going to do anything about it?

11 Likes

Division within the GOP seems to be corporate media’s Story of the Day.

Trump sets off yet another GOP civil war, risking party’s midterm strategy

8 Likes

On a related note – in local news:

The governor’s anti-Trump comments and popularity among Maryland Democratic voters have not insulated him from sharp Republican criticism, including former president Donald Trump’s characterization of Hogan as a RINO — Republican In Name Only.

At this point, he probably is a “RINO,” but I’d say that has more to do with Hogan not drifting further rightward with the rest of the Party, from where ever he already stood before 2015 or so.

Cox and Hogan have publicly sparred, with Hogan dismissing Cox as a “QAnon conspiracy theorist who says crazy things every day.” The delegate called Vice President Mike Pence “a traitor” on Twitter during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, and days later issued an apologetic explanation to the legislature’s ethics committee.

The impeachment attempt underscores a broader rift in the Republican Party. Hogan has endorsed Cox’s opponent in the primary, former Commerce secretary Kelly Schulz, whose campaign pounced on the impeachment as an opportunity to deride Cox, calling him “not a rational actor.”

“Dan Cox is what happens when crazy meets stupid,” senior campaign adviser Doug Mayer said in a statement. “Unfortunately for his constituents, he’s also an extremely ineffective legislator who consistently fails to do anything remotely productive in service to them. Add today’s nonsense to his long list of failures.”

Not ouroboric, but there’s a movement afoot to prevent Cox from running for governor based on his actions on 1/6/2021

5 Likes
9 Likes

Posted this elsewhere, but probably fits here better.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Well…this is certainly a take.

9 Likes

tenor (1)

9 Likes

I can’t believe I used to respect Greenwald. Either he fell of a cliff or he was just really good at hiding it.

12 Likes