Watch monkeys sit on a man’s lap, and then rub onions all over themselves

Originally published at: Watch monkeys sit on a man's lap, and then rub onions all over themselves | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That’s bizarre. Will they also be giggling at how many cuddly fleas he’ll find on his person later on?

Thanks but nopes.

2 Likes

Superstition? Nonsense.

The monkeys know that when applying bug repellent it helps to have another warm body nearby, so the bugs are more likely to leave you and head there.

7 Likes

A male capuchin monkey bit me on the foot when I was a kid. Those canine teeth he had were vicious, pulled a flap of skin away from the side of my left foot. Luckily (?!!?) it bled so hard it flushed any evil germs away, so no infection. Still have a weird scar.

So a big nope for me.

8 Likes

Or maybe I’m just a monkey party pooper.

I don’t think so. Monkeys are horrible. My friend from the Philippines hates them even more than me, having to contend with them as a kid.

4 Likes

These monkeys could bite that man! They could be covered in lice or other parasites! He could get scratched and end up with a nasty infection!

I don’t think those concerns are ill-founded at all. It’s generally a good idea to keep your distance from wildlife. There are a lot of confirmed or suspected cases of disease transmission from wildlife to humans. Covid-19, in fact, probably came into the human population from an animal host.

2 Likes

Yeah nah. I would not want these monkeys on me, as much as i think they’re cute (and they are) they really don’t need to be physically interacting with me or getting on me looking for food. That’s how people get mauled.

3 Likes

Someone get me an onion right now! I’ll take the risk of monkey bugs. Too cute!

3 Likes

Onions are catnip for monkeys?

2 Likes

Catnip is also an insect repellent. tophat-biggrin tophat-cool

3 Likes

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

I’m not watching that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.