Watch: New 'BATWOMAN' trailer starring Ruby Rose

4 Likes

That was ā€œThe Flashā€

Where crossing dimensions was so casual that Central City PD arrest forms have on them for address:
ā€œEarth Number _____ā€

7 Likes

Does it count if I want to have her babies? :joy:

1 Like

I tried all the CW DC showsā€¦havenā€™t liked any of them, but I will allow they all generally look good (Iā€™ve just not liked the writing/stories).

This follows the same formula Iā€™ve seen, it looks greatā€¦hope they do it justice.

Well, casual dimension hopping got its start in the Flash comics, so that checks out.

Thatā€™s pretty casual.

3 Likes

Since his name has already come up, they did the red wig thing in the Adam West series. Kinda amusing if thatā€™s whatā€™s happening now.

2 Likes

Hurray, a Ramones t-shirt at 0:56 (and onwards). Whole thing looks great!

1 Like

Apparently thatā€™s exactly what happened in the comic book in 2009. So the show is consistent with a decade of canon in that regard

4 Likes

ā€œInfiniteā€ has similar issues.

Itā€™s settled: Casual Get-Together on a Large but Tractable Number of Earths

4 Likes

I like how Barry Allen is like ā€œā€¦bitch, did you just reveal my secret identity in public??ā€

3 Likes

Jayā€™s pretty chill and not looking resentful at all that heā€™s been brought in to train a replacement.

Itā€™s all cool with him, either way.

Actually that hands-on-hip pissiness is pretty much exactly what the actor on the TV show is doing 85% of the time.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve watched a few episodes of these new DC shows, and ā€“ well, maybe Iā€™m just too old ā€“ but they all kind of feel like classic teen romance shows: Dawsonā€™s Creek with some superpowers tacked on. Iā€™m surprised enough people watch TV to keep so many of the series afloat.

2 Likes

Just asking, is this the first LBGTQ superhero in a lead role on television? Or any media?

3 Likes

They all morph into family/relationship shows with inexplicable superhero action sequences.

Oh, and the technology and science abuse is hilarious.

2 Likes

TV budgets have a way of doing that for live-action superhero shows. Even George Reeves seemed to spend most of his screen time as Clark Kent.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s a similar audience.

I donā€™t remember any episodes consisting largely of him mooning over Lois Lane.

4 Likes

Maybe a little mooning over

Interestingly, the final episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold had a fourth-wall-breaking Bat-Mite story which ended with the cartoon getting cancelled and replaced with a new Batwoman series (or maybe Batgirl? I forget). Bat-Mite was voiced by Paul Reubens, which felt like a good choice.

5 Likes