Watch Nirvana play live in 1989 years before they smelled the teen spirit

Originally published at: Watch Nirvana play live in 1989 years before they smelled the teen spirit | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I wish I had gotten to see them live, ever. But I do remain glad I was introduced to them before “Smells Like Teen Spirit” blew up. That’s a great song and album, but it also is so successful it can really overshadow “Bleach”. Which is a fantastic album, so heavy, so good.

2 Likes

The local record shop featured numerous postings of gigs from Nirvana, Green Day, Pearl Jam, and the like, but, man, if I had only a car and a license, I could have enjoyed a one-of-a-kind experience at the Outhouse, where all of these bands played, just a 30-minute drive from my mom and dad’s house. The best I could manage a year or so later was White Zombie, Dead Horse, and Molly McGuire. Nonetheless, I still remember the first time I heard the “Smells Like Teen Spirit” album in my friend’s Javelin while cruising the Kansas City backroads with my girlfriend.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.