Watch North Koreans watch K-pop

Ah …

Have you taken your uni exams yet?

EDIT: I jest, dryly.

No, not at all. But then again, it might have to do with Laibach’s history and straight presentation of ideology… plus, they came out of a communist country (before it disintegrated, of course). Also, Manic Street Preachers are probably more well known than Laibach (outside of their home country, at least).

I didn’t know that the MSP played Cuba, though. Good on them!

1 Like

Wow … that’s a basso profundo.

EDIT: Is that like throat-singing?

:hushed::thinking:

1 Like

needs some J-Pop Metal to truly swish it all around

4 Likes

Kim Jong-Un!
Regard this tune!
You crazy schmuck!
Your communes suck!

You notice these are all middle aged men, probably relatively well-in with the party. They got to be pretty well-in with the party by not showing any emotion that could be misconstrued later. Pretty much the only safe thing to do publically is applaud and laugh at Kim Jong Un’s jokes.

I also have to think letting K-Pop in is a good move for Kim’s dictatorship: if people believe this is the peak of foreign capitalist culture, it’ll only reinforce his position. (Little do they know that this is mild by K-Pop standards. Wait until they get to the 8-vs-8 teen girl group K-pop reality TV competition. That will send them screaming.)

It’s a heavily abbreviated “shut up and dance.”

They are maintaining complete motionlessness in hopes their awkward boners will subside before the end of the performance.

1 Like

Audiences are like this in South Korea, too.

It can be a generational thing, or a formal sign of respect to remain impassive.

Although I can tell that they mostly don’t like it, and are tolerating it.

Thanks for that. I was wondering when they’d show up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, that’s not creepy at all.

Someone just had to post this :wink:

And of course, it was me… Laibach fan that I am.

2 Likes

My personal favorite N.Korean musical piece.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.