Watch out! We are surrounded by 46 wars right now, according to Fox News

Hall started it.

1 Like

We’ve always been at war with Eastasia Christmas.

9 Likes

I’m reminded of this surreal moment on fox where they tried to trigger libs by trying to drink a steak though a straw that has lightbulbs on it.

22 Likes

That woman is a dumbass.

25 Likes

That’s really, really stupid.

18 Likes

How about a war on war?

1 Like
1 Like

Is that a steak, or… uh… is that a turd? Looks a lot more like a turd. And that would be on-brand.

5 Likes

As Terry Jones asked, “How do you know when you’ve won a war on an abstract noun? When it gets removed from the Oxford English Dictionary?”

war

8 Likes

They got a war for me, they got a war for you

3 Likes

The other day someone pointed out (correctly) that the only holiday that actually was under attack was Halloween - by conservatives. Now most of this list is going to be Fox and their usual hysterical attempt to whip up their viewers in a frenzy of rage and fear, but some of it is actually projection, too.

Well, it gives people permission to do anything in response, including potentially take up (literal) weapons against it - no reaction is an “over-reaction.” I mean, if it’s a “war,” then those who are supposedly having this “war” waged upon are justified in whatever they do to resist it. You can’t do that if “people are being non-specific in their holiday greetings in order to include more people.” That’s not even worth getting upset over. A “war” against your religion and way of life, on the other hand? People have been bombed for less.

7 Likes

Anyone else reminded of this?

18 Likes

That list is incomplete, at least going back historically …

1834: The War on the Bank of the United States
1876: A Concise History of Women’s War on Alcohol
and of course Nietzsche popularized the “war on Christianity” in his time …

Can’t find an earlier reference, though I wouldn’t be surprised if the metaphor can’t be found in Plato or his peers …

1 Like

OMG!tuckercarlson_padnos

1 Like

They left off “apostrophe abuser’s”

22 Likes

Sports nuts made the list? I’m conflicted…

How do you know it’s apostrophe abuse? Maybe all the druggies who belong to a homo (sapiens? erectus? economicus?) do love the devil.

6 Likes

A weird omission: The War on Truth.

They have to know the optics of claiming that won’t be good. Clinton accused them of it.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain what is a ‘high fullutent’? There is a chance I might inadvertently be one.

8 Likes

Damn…and me without a gun.