Watch: Over 150 mattresses fly through park on a windy day

I think setting the playback speed to .25 and a little Claire de Lune works quite well.

6 Likes

https://bennyhillifier.com/?id=VFqm9pTsgrw

Came looking for the Hitchhikers reference, leaving this as an offering of thanks.

4 Likes

This is one of the most lyrical depictions of plastic crap spreading into the environment and poisoning the earth I have ever seen.

3 Likes

The swimmers didn’t go to the mattresses, so the mattresses came to them.

1 Like

Anthropocentric viewpoint correction:

Next time you see some nature film, and ascribe familiar emotions to animals, remember how ‘happy’ these mattresses clearly are as they gambol in the sunshine.

4 Likes

Les Nessman, is that you?

1 Like

What struck me is that, without a bolster, these are going to make an uncomfortable viewing platform for watching in film. I guess you could lie on your side and curl around, and watch the movie sideways.

Also, maybe this is the modern commercial zombie apocalypse version of “Whistle, and I’ll come to you.”

2 Likes

I feel like this was predictable? This is Denver? Wind is pretty common, and they were laying out “air” mattresses, after all?

1 Like

Not to blow this out of proportion or anything, but I think it’s an outrage. I really hope the organizers of the Bed Cinema aren’t going to take it lying down.

6 Likes

A majestic herd.

Not as scary as Jurassic Park though.

Has anyone seen my spectacles?

1 Like

not intending to be that guy, but it was Mr. Carlson who said that, not the Buckeye News Hawk award winner.

3 Likes

How right you are; it was not the proud holder of the Silver Sow award, but the Big Guy instead.

I really enjoyed the show back in the midst of time. I’m sure it is all but unwatchable these days. :smiley:

Looks like something I’d make while trying to learn to use Unreal Engine

1 Like

i have the entire series on a bootleg disc set – ripped from someone’s original VHS tapes, which is important because it retains ALL the original music, something official releases do not have – and even though it’s dated, it really holds up. the cast was just so good, and some of the topics and humor were perennial.

1 Like

Cool! I’ll have to look it up.

As does Strauss:

So Cyriak is doing live performance stuff now?

3 Likes

I think it’s great we’re seeing these 2010 deleted scenes finally: https://twitter.com/gfish/status/1164199522433564674

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.