Watch: Putin enters meeting with what looks like shaky hand and a limp

97fb61b747e90a956db006a2baeafbcf01631264d801ce7e7af867f19cbebc4c_1

8 Likes

Asshole certainly stuck with the murdering part, there’s no excuse for that. Not a one.

9 Likes

IIRC Putin had been developing Sochi as a “patriotic” alternative to Black Sea resorts in Crimea – before annexing Crimea made that redundant and, indeed, made “our” Crimea the most patriotic choice of all.

5 Likes

That ship sailed, when Putin refused payments to the imported mercenaries, well you got a hot boo boo shitty mess all the more in that War Zone.

4 Likes

I really hope the videos are real and not doctored. I’m just struggling to believe they would let shit like this out. Still fingers crossed.

4 Likes

I’m not someone to roll with rumors without evidence…but it seems pretty clear from here that, yes, some things are definitely medically and neurologically wrong with Putin’s body.

There’s no way any strongman would show these symptoms if he could possibly help it.

This adds further potential explanation to his dogged determination to invade and occupy Ukraine. If he is staring down the barrel of a condition that is debilitating and not avoidable by current science, then he would definitely start thinking of legacy. And as an authoritarian strongman, being able to take credit as a restorer of the Russia he now identifies with himself could be key. And something he would then pursue with desperation as his mortality and finiteness is brought into ever more sharp and painful focus.

3 Likes

He may also have no one around him willing to risk telling him how bad he looks.

In fact I’d bet on it. Some of this video could have been avoided just by different staging. For example, only shooting Putin from the side of his body that didn’t have to grip the table. Or sitting at a desk that hides everything below his torso. And so on.

4 Likes

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is ‘Never get involved in a land war in Asia,’

6 Likes

or Eastern Europe…

2 Likes

“He walked with a pronounced limp. L. I. M. P… pronounced “limp”.”

2 Likes

Michael j fox has lived and pope John Paul lived quite a long time with Parkinson’s… if that’s what it is, I’m not super hopeful this will be nature taking care of the problems of humanity.

6 Likes

They should just give Gorby his old job back.

3 Likes

The way things are going, he won’t have anything left to pay the Ferryman.

4 Likes

Reportedly he has, but I wonder how useful the taster concept is these days. In ancient times the poisons they knew about were mostly quick-acting, but given Russian expertise in the field, I’m sure they could brew up something that would result in his taster dying in 72 hours and Putin in 72 hours and 10 minutes.

8 Likes

However, Putin has always displayed the “gunslinger’s gait”— keeping his right hand near his waist when walking rather than letting his arm move freely. Which was always explained as a vestigial habit of KGB operatives.

4 Likes

Honestly I don’t trust any footage from Russia any more than I would from north Korea. Why would I?

7 Likes

Ok that was going to be my question, people can live for a very long time with Parkinson’s, so how bad does he have to get before someone in his own country takes him out of power?

4 Likes

He’s got his right hand on the button that opens the trapdoor beneath Shoigu chair.

5 Likes

That was my thought too. :grin:

5 Likes

Sort of like Bush’s underlings pronouncing “nuclear” as “nucueler”.

Hit the button and all Putin would see are Shoigu’s arms gripping the table and flames shooting up.

3 Likes