Watch: Self-driving Teslas run over child-sized dummies "over and over again," according to safety advocacy ad

Well, it’s not his fault that people refuse to listen to his clear brilliance! If only he had an army to enforce his will, he could save humanity all by himself! /s

9 Likes

Don’t forget recklessly disregarding basic due diligence in business transactions that has harmed not only his own employees but also the employees of his prospective acquisition target.

Rashida Tlaib Lead GIF

14 Likes

well, look, you got a break a few things when saving the world, man… Isn’t his future giant statue worth the well-being of a few workers drones? /s

4 Likes

He’s certainly been able to beguile gullible people with some basic PR and influencer tricks. With more than a soupçon of deception.

8 Likes

Remember me.

8 Likes

We are going to have to edit that meme to have the weird nerd firing a gun at an innocent bystander.

Blurred due to rage inducing content

9 Likes

One of the reasons the “road trains” became a thing in Australia in the first place is because the country was unable to get its shit together on establishing a consistent standard for railway gauges in the 19th Century. A great case study in the long-term consequences of bad infrastructure planning.

9 Likes

Angry Mad Men GIF

8 Likes

Sooo… follow the dick, is that it?

7 Likes

Noted—merely adding satire atop your satire…

1 Like

Any chance that BB will stop linking to news articles from a site that’s actively transphobic and instead link to other news sites if the story coverage is similar?

2 Likes

So, if I replied to your satire with more satire, does that make it a satire sandwich?

2 Likes

It will somehow manage to kill all 6. EM will claim real innovation.

1 Like

The insurance companies have an algorithm for that. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Well, YEAH. I mean, let’s discard (mostly) tested and (largely) functional object detection hardware like LIDAR, ultrasonic distance sensors, and the like for something that only uses visible light and pre-alpha quality AI to determine if you are driving into a cloud of smoke or the back bumper of a semi. Or a deer. Or a child, as these videos show.

Well, they can’t NOW, not after that over the air update that nuetered it after the feds stepped in several years back due to said deceptive advertising, and several deaths from people who took the advertising as gospel.

5 Likes

Mmm…so many layers of satire…

Exactly.

3 Likes

you’d think, but trains do require an expensive centralized expenditure. converting an existing road lane into an automated roadway oto would be cheap - most of the cost would be on the individual operators. roads are cheap compared to trains

right. that was my point. plopping a robot in the driver seat in that context would be infinitely easier than automated driving in a neighborhood. it’s essentially start and stop at the endpoints and flat straight driving in between. what could be easier?

3 Likes

Sure, because trains do something and roads just sit there for someone else to do it. I don’t think the costs are actually less, just being left to the individual operators like you said. It’s bad to keep planning society that way, instead of making the expenditures needed to do what actually works best.

8 Likes