Watch speeding train crash into FedEx truck, slicing it into two pieces

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/30/watch-speeding-train-crash-int.html

2 Likes

So that’s why I didn’t get my package on time!

11 Likes

Considering how FEDEX’s distribution network works, the folks just down the road from the impact site probably got their packages quicker than usual.

5 Likes

so is that ellipsis a stand in for “so, yeah, sorry, not sorry.”

3 Likes

Moments earlier, and the train could have hit two FedEx trucks.

9 Likes

Sorry Santa! The good little children get nothing! Bwaaahahaa!

2 Likes

this-vehicle-stops-at-all-railroad-crossings-este-vehiculo-se-adhesive-signs-and-labels-10-x-7_9647490

2 Likes

Train - 1

FedEx - 0

2 Likes

For being in the “down and active” state they sure look up and inactive to me.

Also, no horn on the train, which was going really fast… I really don’t think the truck gets all of the blame here…

9 Likes

So this actually happened in 2017. There was an engineer working on the crossing and he left the crossing up manually, and he was fired for it. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865672164/UTA-says-human-error-caused-crash-between-FrontRunner-FedEx-truck.html

12 Likes

Package status: Delayed.

3 Likes

the crossing gates weren’t working properly because of the weather conditions

Well, hey, it’s not like it ever snows in North Salt Lake, UT, right? /s

1 Like

Package status: Destroyed.

6 Likes

I’m tired of this lazy by-the-book attitude! Synergies, folks! Synergies!

1 Like

in theory, the impact of the train could have delivered a few packages to nearby doorsteps.

The video cuts out moments before the arrival of this person and these people and this person and this person and…

I hope, if it were me, that I would realize how amazingly lucky I was not to have blood on my hands, and never ever complain about being fired

1 Like

How do you know there was no horn? The video is silent

1 Like

Watch speeding train crash into FedEx truck, slicing it into two pieces

Nope. Not something that seems wonderful t me at all.

You are completely correct. I thought I read it in one of the linked articles, but I can’t find it anywhere.

Beat me to it. I think the investigation was what closed last week.