Watch Supaidāman, the 1970s Japanese live action Spiderman

[Read the post]

2 Likes

From what i had read before, which may or may not true, the show was one of the first to mix the zentai, power ranger like element and cross it with giant robots. I hope that’s true, but even if it’s not the show is delightfully absurd. I love that it was included in the Spiderverse comic arc from Marvel.

1 Like

Very nice!!!

…But it’s no Turkish Star Wars.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve read as well - that it was Spiderman that introduced and popularized the idea.

It’s not Turkish Spider-Man, either. (He was the bad guy in the movie. Captain America teamed up with a Mexican wrestler to stop Spiderman from killing naked ladies.)

2 Likes

This 'bot figures significantly in the plot of Ready Player One, so Spielberg had damn well get the licensing rights for the film adaptation.

3 Likes

Paging Ernie Cline… white courtesy telephone, please!

the staff at Marvel Comics, including Spider-Man’s co-creator Stan Lee, praised the show for its special effects and stunt work

Look’s better than the two seasons of The Amazing Spider-Man that ran on CBS ( 77-79 )

Is that a . . . beer can around his wrist?

I had to wait till I got home. That was fun. Thanks @pesco.

His web shooter presumably. Maybe it’s chunky because it’s a fully-functional prop.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.