Watch the entertaining hypocrisy of Fox "reporters" on texts and privacy in new supercut

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/12/16/watch-the-entertaining-hypocrisy-of-fox-reporters-on-texts-and-privacy-in-new-supercut.html

8 Likes

18 Likes

“We now live in a country where none of your private communications are safe from the eyes of power-drunk politicians like Liz Cheney,”

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 2.54.27 PM

16 Likes

These guys give slime-mold a bad name.

6 Likes

Before the video started, I assumed it was going to be about a completely different set of hypocrisies around their texts and Jan. 6th. There’s so many! Fox and their staff produce such a constant stream of hypocrisy, it’s almost silly to point out specific ones. It’s like pointing out specific drops of water in a river…

8 Likes

I will thank you to not disparage the honorable slime mold like that!

None of the Brainless Bunch at Faux News could come close to this level of intellect.

17 Likes

Hypocrisy is the core competency of the Republican Party.

4 Likes

Now I have Bon Jovi in my head.

3 Likes

That final statement: “You know I’ve said Journalism is dead, not completely, there’s a little fragment left……we gotta hang on as long as we can.”

Did anyone else hear him complete that as “until it stops struggling”? Ok, I am probably the only one who heard the next part…“and I can get back to digging this totally unrelated 6ft deep pit here in the woods”.

6 Likes

Republican hypocrisy is only exceeded by their hyperbole.

2 Likes

I think their core competency is bullshit.

And the distinction is that, at least with hypocrisy, there is a right/wrong and when you are a hypocrite, you are espousing the right even as you are committing the wrong.

In bullshit society, there is no distinction. It doesnt matter what is right/wrong. Russia has been the darling of the GOP for last 6 years-- a decade ago, they would have been “the enemy”. Sure, Fascism is “bad”. But Duterte/Erdogan/Bolsanaro/Orban are great. And, anyway, Nazi Fascism is really left-wing anyway (everyone knows this). Oh, yeah, and Democrats are all Communists and they are the worst. And, Pro-Democracy George Soros… the very worst. On and on and on.

And the primary attribute of a bullshitter: they know they are bullshitters. They know nothing matters. They know whatever they say today they might disparage tomorrow. It’s all just tribal chanting. When you admit your sole obective is “liberal tears”, you admit all you “believe” in is jeering.

5 Likes

I couldn’t sit thru the whole thing. Those assholes’ voices set my teeth on edge.

They make great pets!

2 Likes

Oh, good, now I have a Jane’s Addiction song stuck in my head.

I might actually prefer @west’s Bon Jovi song.:disappointed:

1 Like

Well there is plenty of hypocrisy too…They profess to be Christian while ignoring just about everything Christ said and did. Fox people have occasionally gotten in trouble for stepping over the line from defending racists, and advocating policies that are racist in effect to actually espousing white supremacy. Because actually saying that white people are inherently better than brown people is a step too far for the many racist people that don’t want to believe that they are racists. But you can sure imply that all those brown poor people are poor because they are shiftless and lazy.

1 Like

Always happy to help!

1 Like

You sound like someone who has read the excellent “On Bullshit” by Harry Frankfurt. (And if you haven’t, you should.) Frankfurt posits that there is a distinction between a liar and a bullshitter:

The liar cares about the concept of truth, understands the difference between truth and lies, and specifically wants you to believe the lie.

A bullshitter just wants to persuade you over to their side without regard for truth or falsity.

…bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant… excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner’s capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, Frankfurt writes, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.

2 Likes

Chickens, something something, roost.

ETA: As to how this relates to hypocrisy, Fox had hosts admitting the Dominion allegations were false at the same time Dobbs (no relation) was cooing at Giuliani’s conspiracy- babble like Blofeld stroking his favorite white cat. Maybe they thought they were CYA. Maybe it shows actual malice. Anyways, the judge was kind enough to notice.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.