Watch how Trump fan reacts when cornered with facts

Originally published at: Watch how Trump fan reacts when cornered with facts | Boing Boing

19 Likes

Yep. Republicans don’t care about hypocrisy.

Moral and ethical and even logical consistency is nothing short of fatal weakness to sociopaths.

50 Likes

This is why I’m not amused by these Jordan Klepper pieces. Based on the video titles, TDS sent him to multiple gatherings for 45 and the GQP. His attempts to get people to contradict themselves or admit they’re wrong just looks like a bunch of rubes being mocked by a smug know-it-all. After watching it in one setting, repeating it just seems pitiful and depressing.

33 Likes

Yeah… I really don’t like Jordan Keppler nor do I find him entertaining; other than the rule of Mediocre White Men, I’m not sure why Comedy Central insists on pushing him to audiences like they do.

16 Likes

43 Likes

gahdmmit, pap! you know how you get when you’re on teh drops!

32 Likes

In the novel “Dune,” the Bene Gesserit distinguished humans from human-shaped animals with the Gom Jabbar test. I think we now have an entry-level version of this test: humans care about facts, while human-shaped animals do not.

26 Likes

Whataboutism, in the finest tradition of the former KGB thug to whom she’s indirectly in thrall via his asset.

15 Likes

Well, they are a bunch of rubes being mocked by a smug know-it-all. The sheer volume and repetition of it is what depresses me.

18 Likes

Humor is subjective. There are enough people who respond well to him to keep him around. Personally, I’m always in favor of funny guys from Michigan making it. And yeah, I do think he’s funny. I heard him interviewed on a podcast before I started paying attention to any of his videos on the internet. He struck me as more than mediocre. But, y’know, humor is subjective.

12 Likes

Remember all those times Obama demanded that Trump show his real birth certificate?

No? Well, that’s how it happened in the minds of the Trumpists. And there’s no undoing that. Brainwashing runs deep.

10 Likes

What about Hillary’s email? OK fine we’ll lock her up. Then we’ll lock up Trump. Fair is fair. BTW why didn’t Trump lock up Hillary? He had four years in office and never bothered to even try.

18 Likes

He tried, but she kept slipping through his fingers like Carmen Sandiego. And geography is not his forte (nothing is, in fact).

18 Likes

These fuckwits’ fuckery & whataboutery is exhausting. This was already a lousy planet for folks w/functional brains when I was a child, and now it’s much, much worse. It used to be moronic vox pops praising tricky dick, and claiming he wasn’t a crook. Now they airily wave their hands at any fact that comes their way and call it phony.

13 Likes

More of the “we need to change what bad faith people think” crap. We don’t- we need to win. We need to stop them implementing minority rule.

32 Likes

Isn’t the saying something like “this is a feature, not a bug?”

4 Likes

I think part of his schtick is just showing how it doesn’t matter what we say. These people do not care about facts. There is nothing that will change their minds, even if they claim otherwise.
I find it a good reminder on occasion.
Because you’re 100% right: we do need to win. Many lives literally depend on it.

22 Likes

I’d rather see more on why Dems don’t use power when we have it.

Sen Manchin - do you believe in one person one vote?

22 Likes

Grifting is his forte. That and self-delusion.

They sure seem not to understand the nature of an asymmetrical culture and legislative war and how they need to be far more extreme to counter it. Fucking centrists - always dragged to the right.

12 Likes

We know this.

The question is, how do we counteract 30+ years of right wing media brainwashing?

4 Likes