Watch the fireworks on Fox "News" when guest calls former Trump advisor a "liar" and a "grifter"

Originally published at: Watch the fireworks on Fox "News" when guest calls former Trump advisor a "liar" and a "grifter" | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Fox Host: “We don’t do name-calling.” That’s very funny indeed.

56 Likes

Could a reactionary grifter have a better name than Mercedes Schlapp? That’s a name I’d expect to hear in a Christopher Guest satire of conservative politics.

50 Likes

Why were these guys so silent the last five (fifty?) years? It’s too late now to identify what these people are (all the way to the top of the last idiot president).

14 Likes

“I stand for freedom…” but not the freedom of businesses to require masks or vaccine proof.

No, I didn’t mean you have the right to deny service to me!

34 Likes

“Grifter” isn’t empty name-calling. It’s describing her job.

52 Likes

Oooh. I hope she files a Schlapp suit!

9 Likes

This cancel culture thing is getting out of hand. Watch how she muzzles his name-calling. These Fox people are such snowflakes…

18 Likes

Host Gillian Turner, who stayed silent for most of it, cringing at one point, finally steps in with a meek, “Let’s not do name-calling guys, okay?”

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

23 Likes

In fact, based on the array of batshit crazy names of other trump admin grifters, it may have been what got her the job!

ETA: It’s also worth noting that her title under the last admin was “Director of Strategic Communications”. Strategic Communications. Under donald fucking trump.

Interestingly, under W, that role was called “Director of Strategery Communications”. True fact!

12 Likes

Lock. Box.

1 Like

Hey, it’s not name-calling when it’s true.

7 Likes

Cue the meme of the guy presented with two different buttons: “Private businesses have the right to deny service to anyone they want for any reason” and “Under no circumstances can a private business deny me service because I won’t wear a mask”

23 Likes

25 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can watch Fox and not have chronic anxiety disorder. The level of hysteria is exhausting.

13 Likes

Conservatives need to have demons to rail against.

Long ago they latched onto “passing law X is the first step on the road to One World Government.”

Now that it’s in the songbook they can’t just stop singing it.

11 Likes

It’s designed to give viewers, especially elderly ones, a constant sense of stress and outrage. Years ago when I worked in TV news an older co-worker told me it was an “evil business” and that I should get out as soon as I could. He was right, but Fox News didn’t exist yet.

21 Likes

i fully applaud and appreciate him saying it on the air, to their faces, but i wish he also would’ve been able to defend the “name calling,” since it’s just a fact. but then everyone got too shouty and he couldn’t get a word in edge-wise, which is on par for cable news shows.

6 Likes

Well, resistance to change and all that.

3 Likes

They do. I remember when they came on the air: I had several older. colleagues who (over three years) went from normal people to terrified shut-ins, complaining at work all day and watching nothing but Fox News all night, regardless off what else they were doing in the house. Only one couple recovered from it. One is a Q-Anon nutcase and the other literally built an underground bunker on land where he had always hoped to build a cabin.

9 Likes