Oof. Fox's new show Gutfeld! tells same racist joke 3 nights in a row

Originally published at: Oof. Fox's new show Gutfeld! tells same racist joke 3 nights in a row | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I like how the fake laughter stopped finding the “joke” funny after the first time

20 Likes

They might just be depending on their core viewership having dementia and forgetting they already told that joke yesterday?

32 Likes

It made me giggle a lot because of how cringeworthy it was. The best humor is unintentionally unfunny humor.

5 Likes

Oh Brother, you can’t make this shit up.

tenor-8

13 Likes

That picture of Gutfeld making his “here I go again” face just grates on me.

5 Likes

I’d guess that their core membership finds this funny every time it airs. There is no “there” there. And, it also reinforces their beliefs about what’s on CNN.

17 Likes

Is Fox News actually trying to do a comedy show again? I think their first attempt into that territory was pretty good evidence that their brand of indignant outrage doesn’t really translate into laughs:

“The humor is so predictable and so stale that it fails to produce any laughs” —Chicago Tribune

The 1/2 Hour News Hour is slow torture all by itself.” —The Philadelphia Inquirer

“12 out of 100” (lowest score of any TV show ever reviewed) —Metacritic

21 Likes

They should copy Garfield Minus Garfield instead.

23 Likes

ok, i happen to speak a little bear, and that was a wild mistranslation. what was actually being growled was aimed at the bit itself, and translates roughly to:

this sort of discourse is a straw man
we need to focus on not engaging with bad faith arguments

4 Likes

this is the only possible way “garfield” can be amusing.

3 Likes

It’s ok, conservatives. You don’t have to keep putting in all this effort and money to prove you can’t do comedy.

18 Likes

Does anyone actually believe it when Fox News calls one of its programs “comedy” or “entertainment”?

It doesn’t matter whether it’s funny or not, whether it actually fits the mold of the genre it’s attempting to emulate; it’s just a re-packaged, re-purposed propaganda delivery method based on the tried and true mind control technique of repeating something over and over and over again until the audience can reflexively arrive at the message its putting forward.

10 Likes

So . . . Fox is trying to bring back “The 1/2 Hour News Hour” again?

The problem is that their idea of humor is mostly about demeaning other people. It’s like a bunch of kids who think it’s funny to tie a string of firecrackers to a dog’s tail or steal someone’s crutches.

[oops, @brainspore beat me to it!]

7 Likes

Yep. Seems like the constant tone on Faux News is anger, and the pretty much constant response is lashing out at someone perceived as weak. No wonder there jokes smell like bully sweat.

I can easily (that is, hate to) imagine the “politically incorrect” jokes these assholes tell each other off stage.

15 Likes

The bear bit was almost funny, then they just went back to their “racist racist” gag. So much for “yes, and.”

1 Like

Probably an even simpler explanation. Toddlers loke to hear the same joke several times… and when you have all the emotional intelligence of a toddler…

5 Likes

What’s the joke? Is the Garfield logo racist? I can’t figure out what’s going on here.

2 Likes

The joke is “CNN thinks everyone is racist!” A joke so nice they had to use it thrice.

The Garfield-inspired logo is just another example of how lazy the “humorists” creating this show are.

7 Likes

I mean they’ve already been watching the existing content, even with the unprecedented amounts of entertainment media to be had these days, often times for free.

4 Likes