Oof. Fox's new show Gutfeld! tells same racist joke 3 nights in a row

Maybe the writers just got to the “Running Gag” chapter of How to Write Comedy for Dummies.

3 Likes

The whole idea is cruelty, punish the Reich Wingers into submission. Looks to be working…

3 Likes

Old story. By disposition, so to speak, conservatives just can’t be truly funny or witty as a rule. Being conservative generally, and more so these days, requires one to be intellectually locked into a rigid understanding of the world, little of it fact-based. The best comedy looks at and sees reality then hits it from a different angle – none of which is something conservatives are wired to do. So such comedy as they’re capable of is pretty much limited to mockery and name calling.
OTOH, being so limited that the same joke is reused three nights running, that’s kind of funny. But also sad and to be expected.
I should add that complicating things is that conservatives’ use of language is pretty much perverse. Pro-life: Actually not in the least. Restrict the ability to vote to eliminate non-existent systemic, significant voter fraud. Praise the free market while protecting entrenched interests from said free market. And so on and so forth.

14 Likes

This is just bully comedy. I’m sure it was high-larious back in high school when this smug jerk shoved the same kid into the lockers and called him a f*g every damn day. Haw! A good joke only gets better every time!

6 Likes

I can’t wait for the real racists to show up!

2 Likes

Tucker is on later.

7 Likes

It’s basically a tacit acknowledgement that they got nothin’. They’re saying, “You know we’ve got no material, we know we’ve got no material, but we’ve got this one issue in the culture war we’re going to beat to death, and you’re still going to watch it, because you’re afraid people will keep calling you racist and want to be reassured about it.” It’s basically synecdoche for how American conservatism is operating as a whole right now.

But also, by presenting the same content as “comedy,” they get to make racist grandpa not feel bad about being called a racist.

10 Likes

Maybe not, but Milkshake Duck is.

1 Like

Fox wisely gives it audience exactly what they want. These viewers need a regular reinforcement of the lies they choose to believe. Without such support they could drift into reality and then what would happen. The sheep could stray from the flock. Fear not! Fox is a good Shepard. They will not lose their willfully ignorant followers. Whatever form of degradation of humanity is needed they will apply it. Its not complicated. Pavlov and his pups sorted it out long ago.

5 Likes

Could this be open source “comedy” extracted and sanitized from their comments section? They are that lazy.

It really reminds me of the ‘humour’ in that show Stephen Fry’s character was doing in “V for Vendetta”.

3 Likes

It’s telling, isn’t it? Shows like the Daily Show only play actual clips of the things they’re making fun of. They don’t need to act them out in strawman fashion because the things they are making fun of actually happened. At best their correspondents mildly goad people into exposing their inherent ridiculousness.

10 Likes

Fascists can’t be funny because they don’t like being laughed at.

5 Likes

That is embarrassing. This irreverent leftie actually does feel sorry for whoever their writers are. I watched some of that older “Half Hour News Hour” (whatever it was called) and shit sure I did laugh but in the way you laugh in middle school when somebody gets depantsed or or something. You ultimately feel bad.

Wow, Fox has turned a corner in the whole Nazi/Qnut/Racist/Bigot bootlicker/mouthpiece thing.

2 Likes

The next joke for the next few weeks will be about identifying as an attack helicopter.

1 Like

Oh so it’s just a not-funny ‘joke’.

1 Like

He got it on sale. Apparently in bulk.

1 Like

Well, the sketch in question was crass and very dumbed-down. So a lot like Gutfield.

The point is that, kind faux viewers, you can ignore people calling you racist because it’s all fake news!

I mean, they (meaning those satanic pedophile libruls) call everyone who isn’t a gay black dolphin a racist, so just ignore it. I mean, feel better about yourself even though a slowly changing society is starting to fight back against the recent upsurge in blatant open racism, and you may have been called a racist a bunch of times recently, your core beliefs are juuuust fine, because they think everyone is a racist.

Right? I mean if we dilute the term racist, we can make it meaningless. Don’t feel bad about being a racist Faux news viewer! It’s “mighty white” of you to hold those views!

2 Likes