Watch "The Golem" (1920) rescored by members of the Flaming Lips, Los Lobos, Threshing Floor plus commentary by occult, Jewish, and tech big thinkers

Originally published at: Watch "The Golem" (1920) rescored by members of the Flaming Lips, Los Lobos, Threshing Floor plus commentary by occult, Jewish, and tech big thinkers | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Love it. Reminds me of the score the Anonymous 4 did for the Passion of Joan of Arc.

5 Likes

This looks really cool, Pesco. This movie was Frankenstein before Whale and Karloff. I’ll put it on my list to check out.

6 Likes

The ur-example of modern rescoring silent films is of course The Giorgio Moroder version of Metropolis

(Full version is available on Youtube)

5 Likes

I remember really enjoying that back in the 1980s. There was also the restoration and re-scoring of Abel Gance’s Napoleon.

4 Likes

Didn’t know about that. Gotta check that out

4 Likes

Air did a nice score for Le Voyage Dans la Lune a few years ago. Unfortunately, the version I saw was colorized (:nauseated_face:) with a weird vocal track layered in as well (:face_vomiting:). Here’s the score by itself, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.