Watch the late Meat Loaf's rousing performance in the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Originally published at: Watch the late Meat Loaf's rousing performance in the Rocky Horror Picture Show | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’ve seen it, many times.

For everyone else who is so inclined, though:

17 Likes

A classic. Rocky Horror is fantastic, and his (brief) appearance in the movie perfection.

Here’s a better audio recording of the tune:

8 Likes

Also pretty daring for the time, not a lot of male rock stars would let themselves be cast as Tim Curry’s ex-lover back then.

10 Likes

In the original play Meat Loaf did double duty and played Dr. Scott as well so he also wore fishnets and high heels.

Here he is talking about how that came about including seeing Tim Cury for the first time, his reaction, and how he was convinced to put on the stockings.

8 Likes

I believe Meat Loaf said in an interview once that the director of the play didn’t expect anybody to be able to get all the words of the verses out, and actually told him to just do his best. Then he rattled through them without a problem.

3 Likes

At 2:40 in the video above he tells that story.

3 Likes

Awesome. I couldn’t remember for the life of me what the original source was.

2 Likes

Damn it, Louie was very underrated, hugely funny dude, adios good mutant.

4 Likes

Rest in peace, Meat Loaf. Another great artist leaves this hell world.

1 Like

and you don’t do laundry?

2 Likes

ETA:

Direct quote went over my head.

4 Likes

Yeah, you should let it rest at least 10 minutes after removing it from the oven so all the juices don’t just flow out.

I bet he would have liked that joke.

2 Likes

My wife loves his work. Sad to say, the guy was an anti-vaxer.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s simply too sad that he would choose the “freedom” to die a painful death thanks to a preventable disease.

4 Likes

7 Likes

This is one of my favorite scenes, when Meat Loaf commands his motorcycle up the ramp of the theater. And the whole party atmosphere of this scene resonated well with our midnight cinema viewings.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.