Meat Loaf dead at 74

Originally published at: Meat Loaf dead at 74 | Boing Boing

8 Likes

My friend said it has been reported he’d allegedly died of covid. I don’t think that has been determined. However, is vaccination the “that” that he wouldn’t do for love? Any way, I liked him in Rocky Horror. And Fight Club.

7 Likes

Aw…

29 Likes

for some reason, i didn’t know he was in Fight Club.

9 Likes

According to the NYT article updated minutes ago, no cause of death was given, so that’s pure speculation and not really fitting here, I don’t think.

Sad to see him go. Here he is with Jim Steinman in 1978:

Those guys made some really catchy tunes together!
:heart:

22 Likes

I simply stated what a friend had told me and wasn’t making a statement of fact. I should edit my post…

2 Likes

I would just say, or provide a link to a news source you trust.
(She types, after posting a NYT article! Egads. What has become of the world.)

8 Likes

I agree. I hope me edit has provided more clarity to what I was trying to say.

3 Likes

His name was Robert Paulson.

23 Likes

He was in the Spice Girls movie, too…

25 Likes

I’d totally forgotten that! Perhaps deliberately, I can’t remember.

4 Likes

I’m not a Spice Girls, fan, but it’s a fun, dumb little movie.

10 Likes

I agree completely. My younger sister and neice were fans. It was a simpler time and I enjoy escapism as much as the next person

4 Likes

TMZ also reports:

Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates.

6 Likes

“The Incomparable Meat Loaf”…Really?

4 Likes

Meat Loaf was one of the first concerts we took our daughter to when she was 9. She was also a life long fan.

This is just this past September. He sounded great but you could see his health was failing, you’ll get really nervous for him when he stands up. Lots of back surgery. This was a man who lived to perform and was genuinely grateful to his audience. (not thrilled with the venue but glad he got a a final professionally filmed live performance in)

And one of my favorites from a Jim Steinman play where he and Meat Loaf met for the first time. Meat Loaf was in the Steinman play of the same name. In the video above he pays tribute to Jim.

7 Likes

His name was Robert Paulson.

12 Likes

From the day he was born, he was nothing but Trouble.

10 Likes

Can confirm he did have a carnivore phase

2 Likes

tumblr_nb2p0lsAEO1tsebazo1_500

A toast… to absent friends.

34 Likes