Watch the making of Daft Punk's "Around The World" music video

Originally published at: Watch the making of Daft Punk's "Around The World" music video | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Oh I hadn’t seen the remastered video; it’s great! You can feel the character’s connection to the various sounds by just watching the video, but how literal their roles are tied to instruments never really registered for me (now a “oh duh” thing in hindsight).

One of the all time great music videos. “This almost failed completely” stories behind classics like this are always reassuring, and it’s nice to hear that Gondry realized yelling at his brother about technical difficulties wouldn’t have made it better.

4 Likes

Back in the day I was unnaturally enthralled by this track and video - especially the video. It landed in every mix tape and cd from me for a while and made me a passionate Gondry fan. Seeing how the video was made is a gift 25 years in the mail!

Here’s Around The World circa 1100 a.d.

4 Likes

Musique was my first Daft Punk song, from the Wipeout XL soundtrack (amazing soundtrack).

But after rushing out to get Homework, Around the world became a fave too!

2 Likes

this is one of the first videos i remember seeing on the old MTV2. looking back, i kind of wonder if the robots in this video were the germ of the idea for their robot personas they used starting with their second album. they sure look similar.

4 Likes

YASS!!! Prodigy’s Firestarter, Daft Punk’s Musique, and The Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury are just a few of the most awesome tracks from this soundtrack. Thanks for sending me down that nostalgic rabbit hole! Ended up searching for it on YT, and found this video that plays from start to end of the CD:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.