Watch the new trailer for Peter Jackson's upcoming three-part original docuseries on The Beatles

Originally published at: Watch the new trailer for Peter Jackson's upcoming three-part original docuseries on The Beatles | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m super excited to see this. I’m not sure I could do it all in one sitting in a theater (insert Murtaugh “I’m getting too old” meme here), but it will be really interesting to get a glimpse of what the band was like “in real life” at the time. Here’s hoping it meets expectations!

3 Likes

What a fascinating slice of time to have high-quality footage of! They hadn’t performed in a couple years, John and Yoko are on heroin, and George quits. The restored film looks gorgeous and I’m a huge sucker for behind-the-scenes stuff when done well.

4 Likes

sometimes i am so sick to death of the Beatles, but damn, this footage looks so good that i’m reminded of why i loved them in the first place. i can’t wait to see this.

3 Likes

I really wish he had stuck to the 2 hour movie, and also made a 6-hour director’s cut.

This is too much like The Hobbit being expanded from 2 movies to 3, and we all know how well that turned out.

1 Like

“I feel thin, sort of stretched, like one childrens’ book scraped over three tentpole blockbuster movies.”

2 Likes

Another case when it seems impossible that product can surpass the trailer…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.