Watch the pure joy of this grandpa receiving light-up sneakers

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/06/watch-the-pure-joy-of-this-gra.html

5 Likes

He really lit up

17 Likes

He’s so happy. It makes me sad.

Why does it feel sad to you?

I think it’s great that 1) his daughter figured out something he would really like, and gave it to him and 2) he’s thrilled to show everyone in his family how wonderful they are.

It seems sweet to me, not sad.

10 Likes

please please PLEASE tell me where she got them. every time i see a little kid go by in them, i say to whoever is with me, “why don’t those manufacturers realize just how much money they could make if they made adult sizes of those?”

i’ve wanted a pair myself for quite awhile now.

9 Likes

Boom.

http://www.evolved-footwear.com/

The keywords “light up adult shoes” pointed to a bunch of additional brand and style choices as well.

8 Likes

Came for this, left satisfied (and twinkly).

7 Likes

“shit’s lit fam”

1 Like

I cried with joy watching this. He sounds like my own grandfather in every way and I suspect he too would have thought la lights were incredible.

10/10 A++++ wonderful thing.

4 Likes

Note the expressions on the grandchildren’s faces: “Oh God. We’re going to be the kids with the crazy grandpa who wears light-up shoes.”

9 Likes

No, the clip was great. It’s me that’s sad.
I saw something that I can’t have (not the shoes).

8 Likes

that is awesome! just what I need to start the day.

Ah…now I understand! They are pretty cool, aren’t they? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, he is. So is she.

3 Likes

I don’t know Franko, I always pictured you in a pair of light up oxfords.

3 Likes

I’ve had multiple families, and it’s only my friends who care to really know me and thus are that thoughtful. So I hear you, truly. /fistbump

2 Likes

if they made oxfords with light-up soles, i’d be into that. but hey, sneakers are kinder to the feet when i’m touring the bars, pally!

1 Like

My grandpa would have been baffled. “I don’t get it- how is this useful? These wouldn’t last one day of farm work”

He would have been more impressed with workboots that light up, for finding mischievous children who are slacking off on chores.

1 Like

Not everything is about “useful”. Sometimes a lil fun in your life is good too.

4 Likes

[quote=“chgoliz, post:16, topic:92488”]
I’ve had multiple families, and it’s only my friends who care to really know me and thus are that thoughtful.[/quote]
I think your kids will probably be willing to buy you a pair some day, unless they decide you’d spent too much of their childhood paying attention to BB instead of them.

1 Like