Watch the trailer for Madame Web, Sony's silliest Spider-spin-off yet

Originally published at: Watch the trailer for Madame Web, Sony's silliest Spider-spin-off yet | Boing Boing

1 Like

Reboing:

2 Likes

Watch the trailer for Madame Web, Sony’s silliest Spider-spin-off yet

Episode 2 No GIF by PBS

4 Likes

Oh it’s worth a watch just for the awful dialogue.

3 Likes

I’ve watched once before. My suspicion is its AI generated

4 Likes

I saw the trailer a few days ago, and thought “What is this trash, some kind of Spider Man Bright Burn?”

2 Likes

If you want an engrossing movie that is more spider-based, try Kiss of the Spider Woman!
Okay, it’s not really very spidery but it is a damn good film.

3 Likes

I know you warned me but I’d like my minute watching that trailer back please.

2 Likes

Reviewing the film in 2009, Berardinelli claimed that it “has lost none of its power over the years,” and felt that while it was not the best film of 1985, it was more deserving of the Best Picture Academy Award than Out of Africa

yep, strongly agree on that one.

edit/ oh, look; its on ytube. in full and 720p;

(dont be alarmed by the german-production-logos, its in english.)

4 Likes

Moar spidery:

3 Likes

It doesn’t have good reviews, but if the alternative is Sony’s Spiderman without Spiderman series then I’ll watch it.

1 Like
2 Likes

“Woman attains time-rewind powers, and problems that can only be solved with these powers” could work.

Obviously this is Madame Web as in “web of fate” not as in “hangs from a web of silk” though it’s not as if there wasn’t a bunch of stuff in JMS’ Spider stories involving fate-weaving spider gods I think? I never read them, just heard vague synopses.

Watching Sony try to turn Spider-Man and reflections and distortions of Spider-Man into an entire multi-thread movie franchise like the Marvel stuff is really a lesson in why corporations should not be allowed to own things, though. Can’t just make up a new super-twerp who crosses over to a Spider-Man movie later on, it’s gotta have the brand recognition.

2 Likes

The trailer looks interesting; a good time travel / time jumping movie should be a little confusing IMO. I can see myself watching this one. Can’t wait for more trailers.

1 Like

pretty spidery, this one…

1 Like

Surely it can’t be that hard to buy the rights to Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time given the middling reviews of the Jerry Bruckheimer adaptation.

Oh yes, I remember her. Can’t you just hear the people rushing out to see this one? No? I’ll hold out the the “Fancy Dan and the Enforcers” movie, or maybe a solo Crusher Hogan adventure.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.