Watch the trailer for The Man in the High Castle

Quite a few already have been (with varying levels of success and/or faithfulness) : We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, The Minority Report, Paycheck, The Golden Man, Adjustment Team, Second Variety

I’d think that’s generally true anyway, novels are often too long to easily condense into a screenplay.

1 Like

The novel (in my very humble opinion), is one of PKD’s worst, and is not remotely as interesting as it sounds.

I hate to say it but I have the exact same opinion. But the premise is just so damn awesome that I’m looking forward to this series. Hopefully they took lots of liberties.

1 Like

Gonna have to watch it just for Rufus Sewell. :kissing_heart:

I saw him in the street once, in Shaftesbury Avenue. I just gawked at him like a weirdo as he worriedly passed me. He is strikingly handsome.

Anyhoo this trailer made me want to watch the Wolfenstein trailer, then that made me want to play Wolfenstein.

Then the music made me want to watch The Warriors.

1 Like

Ubik, man, Ubik!

1 Like

Just watched Episodes I (again) and II this morning and this is terrific. Definitely a variation on the book, but what PKD screen adaptation isn’t?

So cool! Thanks for the heads up…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.