Watch thin-skinned GOP Rep. Rod Blum storm out of easy interview

I swear to god that these GOP people will not be happy until they replace the internet with a set of loudspeakers in every home that tell us when to use bill pay and that our tone is not to the loudspeakers liking …

1 Like

Ha, I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It may not be something new but most of the time politicians seem to like to pretend that once they are elected to the US Congress that then they represent the entire state. (Which in reality they do.) With Blum-Blum trying to shop for the audience he wanted he tripped over… Can we call it the elephant in the room?

2 Likes

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
(“No!”)
Bravely ran away away.
(“I didn’t!”)
When danger reared it’s ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
(“I never!”)
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
(“You’re lying!”)
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

17 Likes

Yep. I was thinking the last kid in the room pretty much summed up the whole interview, in interpretive dance.

4 Likes

Sir Rodblum.

1 Like

I wonder what his reaction to Xenu would have been?

Asking a Scientologist about Xenu, asking a weasel politician about donations, same thing I guess.

2 Likes

How does he get to use other people’s children as props? If my kid were so poorly served by his school I’d be raising hell.

6 Likes

Youtube commenter oddly nailed it…

14 Likes

Now, let’s not be insulting to weasels here.

3 Likes

No need to wait. According to the WaPo, Rep. “the only thing that matters is Iowa’s first district’s” top two donors in last year’s campaign were PAC entities that were not only outside the district but outside Iowa.

I guess he didn’t want the reporter to have a chance at asking that follow-up question. Just what you’d expect from one of the GOP’s opportunists/cowards/hypocrites/all-of-the-above in Congress.

5 Likes

It’s almost as if the press were the opposition party.

Oh, wait.

I like the reporter’s socks!

3 Likes

Not only is this guy a fraidy cat, he’s also a dope.

The gotcha question seems pretty easily answered:

“If anyone wants to contribute to my efforts to serve the people of my district, I’m grateful for the help. Next question?”

4 Likes

it seems there’s got to be something to limit donations to actual people. otherwise, pacs will just setup subsidiaries in every district.

alternatively, significantly limit how campaign money can be spent: a tiny window for campaigning, limited tv ads, equal time for qualifying candidates, a media blackout around election day, everybody pays into a pool…

the concepts that money is speech, corporations are people, and that political spending cant be restricted… it’s all toxic.

( and i can’t imagine any of it’s satisfying to the politicians themselves. all of whom wind spending​ most of their career on the phone begging for money. )

3 Likes

AKA, “how pretty much everyone else in the democratic world already does it”.

7 Likes

If everyone one else didn’t jump off a cliff, would you not jump off a cliff? /s

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.