One voter shows up at Santorum event in Iowa

[Read the post]

1 Like

Iowa Galactic Empire? What the what?

6 Likes

I seriously can’t tell you how utterly satisfying this is… I really hope all these fuckers implode because fuck them. I’m so sick of these racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, Christian dominationists in our discourse. Get them out.

36 Likes

Holy crap, ya ninja edited, and I want to give you even more <3s!

7 Likes

I’ve just been thinking about how utterly crappy the republican field has been in the past few years. I keep hoping that the assholes in the republican party will finally be marginalized, but the shit keeps rising to the top.

10 Likes

[quote=“Mindysan33, post:4, topic:59298”]but the shit keeps rising to the top.
[/quote]

Well, of course it does when it comes to Santorum. All that froth and lube makes it float.

22 Likes

It’s because the delegate system has been overrun with Millenarians and Dominionists in the early primary states. Romney was only able to grab the nomination last time because he had the cash to wait for the craziest of the jeebus panderers to lose primaries in more moderate states (ie - run out of cash) or for them to pull a fatal foot-in-mouth. It’s possible Bush has that kind of cash, but even the more moderate delegates seem to have little stomach for yet another Bush.

@Daneyul: how did you get Mindysan’s quote to show up with my avatar? Very weird.

5 Likes

One person in a town of 300. At 2pm. With no notice. Not too bad actually.

1 Like

Yeah, not really. Have you ever lived in a town that small? In the internet age, anything out of the ordinary is news and everyone knows about it, and will show up. The fact that he got one tepid person shows that either a) no one cares or b) he has really bad publicity team, either of which does not bode well for him.

8 Likes

If Rick says something in Iowa, and there’s one person there to hear him, does he make a sound?

6 Likes

@IronEdithKidd Fixed! But, no idea how that happened…

2 Likes

One cricket would have been more appropriate.

5 Likes

Like this. Highlight one person’s post you want to quote, then hit reply under someone else’s post.

Hey, @codinghorror, why’s it work like this?

2 Likes

I believe crickets have better things to do…

5 Likes

Every time I read the phrase “Rick ‘grey-streaked cognac arse fountain’ Santorum” I feel like we might be going too far with the political nicknames

7 Likes

Santorum couldn’t convince the one person who made a point of coming to hear him speak and who even spoke to him personally. Whoever’s paying this guy to be a perpetual candidate is playing an elaborate and extremely expensive practical joke–on us and Santorum.

15 Likes

If I’m being pedantic (and I am), the Boing Boing headline and the original Politico headline are ever-so-slightly misleading. From the article: “Eventually, there were four Iowans gathered at Santorum’s table (not counting photographers and campaign aides)…”

But the press will continue to treat him and Donald Trump as more serious candidates than Bernie Sanders

13 Likes

That’s one more unscripted voter than Hillary has encountered since she announced.

2 Likes

Oh burn. I mean, damn you told them!

(seriously though, grow the fuck up)

7 Likes