Watch this artisan install a vertigo-inducing tile floor

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/04/watch-this-artisan-install-a-v.html

4 Likes

Trippy, literally…

9 Likes

Looks just like a guy laying tile. The real artisanship was done by the cutters.

7 Likes

Is the tile vomit proof?

Because it needs to be vomit proof.

3 Likes

As a tile-installer, I take a little offense to this comment. Even in a paint-by-number situation like this, there are no spacers he can use for these lines and no way to check them with a straight-edge like you normally would. I have no doubt that these tiles were manufactured like this using moulds but in most cases, if they were cut, they would be cut by the installer.

It’s really interesting to me how they filled the gap on the right to make it look like the wall dips with the tile.

11 Likes

And if you go outside to clear your head…

2 Likes

I think you should start every rebuttal with this statement, regardless of topic :wink:

19 Likes

As a tile-installer, I take a little offense to this comment.

13 Likes

Missing the rebuttal.

4 Likes

Look: as a tile-installer…

12 Likes

My avatar has wisely counseled that I stop right here.

5 Likes

Amazeballs. And the first use of vertical video that I’ve seen make at least some sense…

As a plumber, I would just like to point out the unfairness of the term “plumber’s crack”. It should really be called “crouching construction contractor’s crack”, or CCCC

4 Likes

3 Likes

I was sittin’ here, enjoying the video, and then I saw the squat-dab at the end.

I almost logged in to dislike it, but that would be a tacit admission.

1 Like

100% agree. I don’t know why but seeing someone dab really triggers my inner rage.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.