Watch this breathtaking video of a flight down the world's tallest waterfall

Originally published at: Watch this breathtaking video of a flight down the world's tallest waterfall | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Water slide of hell!

5 Likes

I presume the chopper is there to ferry the drone pilot around. Spectacular footage! I wonder what it would look like with vr goggles.

4 Likes

It’s such amazing footage but the random cuts and inability to let a shot “breathe” just seemed so unnecessary. I would really start to enjoy it then bam - another cut. Still, I love it, but it would be great to see more than five seconds in a row of a shot.

19 Likes

Fantastic and vomit inducing.

2 Likes

Watch this breathtaking video of a flight down the world’s tallest waterfall

You could def add the word ‘drone’ in front of ‘flight’ for a more authentic title.

5 Likes

This! Film makers have no confidence that their images are compelling and fear short attention spans. They should have more faith in their images and in the audience.

5 Likes

Explaining the name change, Chávez was reported to have said, “This is ours, long before Angel ever arrived there … this is indigenous land.” However, he later said that he would not decree the change of name, but only was defending the use of Kerepakupai Vená.

I guess even Venezuela has something like a tourism lobby.

2 Likes

Too many fast cuts after a second or two of an image. Rapid fire kinetic editing like this gives me a headache like I’m watching a Marvel movie.

3 Likes

I was actually impressed by how long he let some shots go, considering the norm today. My expectations have been lowered quite a bit, and I cut him some slack for the fantastic footage.
I’m guessing he uses more than just a GoPro for a camera?

He also used the typical Glass-derived bombastic soundtrack music, another requirement for these types of videos.

2 Likes

I would love to see the Tepuis in Venezuela but the screwy political bullshit lets that out. I love the story about how Jimmy Angel was so amazed by the falls that he crash landed his plane on top the tepui to get a better look. Apparently he was a rowdy hell raiser and a helluva good pilot. Allegedly the remains of his plane are still up there someplace.

1 Like

Thankfully, we were spared jump cuts, although the poetic irony would have made it excusable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.