Watch this car-towed BMX rider catch some serious air

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/watch-this-car-towed-bmx-rider.html

5 Likes

It is all fun and games until someone has to have a saddle removed from their rectum.

Still, it is nice to see kids solving problems and making their own entertainment.

6 Likes

What fun, thanks Andrea. Definitely not BMX bikes though. More like straight up mountain bikes of the fairly expensive variety, like cross country (XC) or all trail (AT). This is what the young girls and boys from the hood are best at; enthusiastically helping you execute some of your more questionable ideas without regard to safety or propriety. Loved it!

9 Likes

Those aren’t BMX. BMX bikes don’t have suspension forks.

THIS is a BMX bike. (God, how I lusted after my friend’s Diamondback!)

20" Chromoly frame, single speed freewheel, mag wheels, ankle biter pedals, plastic seat…perfect!

4 Likes

Those aren’t BMX bikes, but you can absolutely get BMX bikes with front suspension (though it’s much less common).

1 Like

You wouldn’t catch Nicole Kidman riding such an abomination

11 Likes

Back in the day, an alien was easier to acquire than suspension forks.

10 Likes

Ah the Diamondback. Also the Mongoose, Supergoose, mushroom grips, trick nuts and bear trap pedals. God i miss the 80’s!

3 Likes

Now that made me miss a misspent childhood.

I don’t care if one of them needs to have a bike surgically removed from their lower intestine - I’m happy to pay my taxes if it means kids can be kids. There’s plenty of time for minecraft when they’re old and boring.

5 Likes

This was our “BMX” bike. I jumped the alley once on one of these. Wooden takeoff ramp on one side; wooden landing ramp on the other side. I made it and went right into a row of bushes. blueray

10 Likes

In fact that was ‘front suspension of disbelief’

5 Likes

Totally awesome. I wish I was 10 years old again, just so I could fawn over that guy with the rest of my bicycle bandit crew.

1 Like

“Be sure you’re home for dinner, chéri.”

2 Likes

they have to get a tow-in because they fell for the 1x meme
eyeroll%20boy

2 Likes

I learn something every day on the BBS!

4 Likes

Oh my god, the HAIR!

2 Likes

This. The bike is long gone, but I got to keep the scar tissue.

2 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

Same here, and now that my hair is getting a little thin on top the scars become visible from time to time. The only helmet I ever wore was the bone helmet beneath my scalp.

Sooo stupid.

1 Like

Bodies tell stories.

1 Like