Watch this dancer show you how body language works

oh god, couldn’t scroll past fast enough.

5 Likes

I’m doing that right now.

2 Likes

Yowza…

Super sexy. Is there anything else that’s meant to be conveyed here?

2 Likes
8 Likes

yeah those are some scary ancient society type manly combat moves there for sure

4 Likes

Recently saw this

Mime/dance performance – unforgettable, a complex and difficult subject and not a dry eye in the house.

2 Likes

All that… in heels!

7 Likes

Easy to see why the class is “18+.”

1 Like

That’s exactly what I thought.

1 Like

Is there a full video? That looks amazing.

Any chance it’s a dramatization of Hemingway’s famous shortest short story?

I do not think there is a full video available I lifted it from Theatre Re’s website.

The story is of three generations of women, their loves and births (and miscarriage and deaths) and apart from a few exclamations is wordless. It is at times harrowing and deeply moving interspersed with joy and relief. I have never seen a mime performance that contained so much emotion and expressed it so well, the audience were literally following every gesture and movement. I must admit I have not seen many mime performances but this was fabulous.

2 Likes

Amazing…thanks!

2 Likes

Dang! I want to see the whole routine!

Absolutely incredible control. There’s plenty of sexiness, sure, but I have great respect for dancers. The precision is insane. If you get a chance, the Wim Wenders film Pina (about the choreography of Pina Bausch) will change your whole world view on dancing.

5 Likes

Saw that film, it’s amazing, both the dancing and the filmmaking. I agree, the dance here is on a high level of expertise and talent, but so is professional ballet, or flamenco, etc. The effect of those other dances is not sexual. And I should say, I have zero problem with sexy dances, including this one. But the way it’s being presented is as if to say, I dare you to call it sexy. Well, it’s sexy, full stop.

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

I suppose that depends on the ballet or flamenco in question. Who is to say?

1 Like

Clog Dancing can get pretty spicy.

4 Likes

Congrats, you just made me Google “sexy clog dancing”. And yep. :laughing:

2 Likes