Watch this giant taco drop at midnight for New Year's Eve!

Originally published at: Watch this giant taco drop at midnight for New Year's Eve! - Boing Boing

3 Likes

A happy and healthy 2024 to all my fellow Happy Mutants. Fasten your seatbelts for 2024 – we’ll get through it together.

10 Likes

always gormlessly curious why things don’t rise, ascend, soar… rather than drop
(“tha’d be yer secret cult of pessimistic engineers ag’in, now wouldn’t it?”)

5 Likes

I plan on watching my eyelids drop by about 11 pm. I’m too old for this shit lol.

5 Likes

Things haven’t been the same since the turn of the millennium.

2 Likes

dammit, i hate when i drop my taco!

of course, in the conch republic, we do it differently:

Sushi was great fun! i hope this new person brings as much as Sushi did!

4 Likes

“As God as my witness, I thought tacos could fly!”

6 Likes

I remember staying in the historic Hotel Congress in Tucson during the summer. The cold water from the taps was warmer than I normally use for showering. Outdoors it was hot enough to sweat at midnight.

Around taco time seems like a better visit time.

2 Likes

You want to get there for the turn of the seasons, between Winter and Spring; around Taco Thawsday.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s already cold enough here in Tucson to need a SWEATER outside, and it’s only 6 PM!
I’m staying home this year. Nice and warm. Besides, the best NYE I ever saw at Congress was when they had a row of beefcakey guys in diapers on stage, running angle grinders in lieu of sparklers.

2 Likes

Here in Tucson we say the water faucets are, “H” = Hot, “C” = Caliente :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happy New Year BBS! (As I claw my way to work, see you at coffee time)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.