Restaurant taco holders on sale today

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/restaurant-taco-holders-on-sal.html

1 Like

Hard shells are the devil.

12 Likes

Or you could just turn the ‘holds three’ model over

7 Likes

I use a rolled cloth napkin to lean the first taco against on the plate and the others lean against that one accordingly.

this is seemingly just a unitasker taking up space in your kitchen,

1 Like

7 Likes

Proper tacos.

15 Likes

4 Likes

NO, NO, NO

giphy

11 Likes

nope. still just opinion.

I happen to love hard shell corn tacos. And while I do love some nice fresh masa corn tortillas…I also enjoy flour tortillas.

It really depends on the filling.
Shredded or ground beef: hard corn tortillas
Fish: Flour tortillas
Pretty much anything else: toasted fresh corn tortillas

But that’s my thing…you and everyone else do yourselves.

2 Likes

Except real tacos are not hard shelled and do not need holders…

3 Likes

You know who else likes hard shells?

3 Likes

Make Tacos Great Again!

(Like they ever weren’t)

2 Likes

Looks like you need a taco holder.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on him to fulfill the campaign promise of a taco truck on every corner!

4 Likes

I find that offensive and not funny, comparing me to Donald Trump because I like hard shell tortillas.

3 Likes

That’s called a plate

7 Likes

I realize the BB may get a commission on these types of promotions as an Amazon affiliate, but this isn’t really a deal. We have these a little cheaper at our everyday prices (I work for The Wasserstrom Company):

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=10051&catalogId=3074457345616677089&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=20&searchTerm=taco+holders#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&catalogMode:&

1 Like

Ah, the quarterly taco holder sales pitch and subsequent debate regarding proper form and content of one of life’s greatest food items.

Dinner plans have just changed!

3 Likes

Taco holder. Taco. holder. This also solves the one problem I had with my Presto (Petco?) Hot Dogger: a tendency for rolling in the finished product. I’m yanking that thing out of the basement: life is good again.
BTW am starting a Kickstarter for a ceramic non-stick coated version of this, to aid against rusting in the chance it sits in storage for more than a few days. Stretch goal is to include a RaspberryPi interface with Swift+PHP code to monitor temperature and toncisticity of fillings. Hope to get support from all my friends at BB!!

1 Like

That whole fried taco shell thing -american fast food tacos - is an abomination and an insult to the delicious taco from the land of sunshine and flavor.

edit to add: to be clear, as a Texan I am ashamed that the hard shell taco originated in this state and that Glen Bell spread that horrid vegetable filled mess to the rest of the nation with his Taco Bell fast food chain.

5 Likes