Restaurant taco holders on sale today

How am I supposed to do my day now without those tacos.

2 Likes

I heard he also likes breathing, so maybe you should stop doing that if you dislike him.

I dunno’, Baja is taco land… I think.
Also, you won’t find hard shells there.
Again, I don’t know that for certain, maybe some Texan is in Baja right now eating ground beef in a hard shell.

1 Like

Old El Paso stand-n-stuff taco shells make these unnecessary.

Like I said…its an opinion and taste thing. And for me personally…depends on the components.

Plus there is the fourth option which is that deep fried shell trend to which @anotherone refers to. Which is deep fried flour tortillas and it is indeed disgusting in my book. Which not coincidentally is what Trump picture from above is him eating. Not any of the 3 items I mentioned as being my personal choices.

Opinions are flying fast and loose in this thread. Maybe we should all just acknowledge tastes differ, and agree not to taco bout it any further.

3 Likes

Needs crypto, internet connectivity, tweet/instagram support, and needs hand-made-bamboo-something-something to lure in the hipsters and techies.

3 Likes

This needs to be flagged.

3 Likes

Someone call the cops.

2 Likes

That is not at all what I was referring to. I am referring to fried corn shells. Does Taco Bell even serve fried flour tortilla?

2 Likes

Taquero. A high tech taco holder

Damn someone needs to pay me for this shit. Or sue me.

2 Likes

22850_chalupa_supreme_269x269

I don’t know. Sort of interchangeable…the deep fried shells. Does it even matter if its flour or corn at that point?

Fried pita. At least they didn’t try to call it a taco. To be honest, I haven’t eaten at a Taco Bell in over 15 years so I have no idea what they have on the menu. Also, living in Oak Cliff Texas, I have something like 20 taco places within a 5 minute drive. None of them have hard shell tacos either.

1 Like

When i was hard-core eating vegetarian, and broke as fuck, Taco Bell was the best place to eat at. Still is apparently.

Taco bowls are usually corn. I think that is corn taco bowl in the Trump photo. You are not escaping my Godwin’s law corollary so easily.

You are right that fried flour tortillas are an abomination. They are usually put together as a chimichanga, a food that baffles actual Mexicans.

I get you. The prices are quite good. But I had 2 bad (the “from both ends” kind of bad) experiences in a row at two different Taco Bells and haven’t been back since. I used to eat their taco salad bowls almost every day. Good ratio of veggies to meat at a fair price. But that isn’t an option anymore. Fried corn shells are still an abomination.

1 Like

Growing up as a kid in Tucson AZ in the sixties, I always thought that tacos had hard shells until a trip to Mexico City in 1970 taught me differently. You see, the venerable Sonoran taco has a crispy corn tortilla. Now I prefer the street tacos with steak and little else.

But the Californians are busy ruining my soft tacos from Los Betos by putting guacamole under the meat. Eeeewww!

1 Like

I had food poisoning from Taco Bell once, maybe twice. But being broke i didn’t have much of a choice but to keep doing what i was doing. I still don’t dislike the food chain but since i don’t have any near me its relatively easy for me to avoid it these days. That and i also have plenty of Mexican joints nearby :smiley:

1 Like