Restaurant taco holders on sale today

yeah? When I went to Hermosillo, all the tacos where on soft corn shells. Weird.

The Chimichanga was invented in Tucson so i suppose your experience makes sense.

Looks very much like a doner kebab holder.
Or a pita holder.

1 Like

What about corrugated metal?

2 Likes

You can fit a lot of tacos/doner kebabs/pitas in one of these babies, that’s for sure!
Maybe even mix 'em!

2 Likes

Protip: Flip it over to hold three tacos!

1 Like

Use these as a food tray + taco holder.

Hire me taco bell.

2 Likes

Nope nope nope.

1. That chunk of metal is always hiding something tasty that fell out of your taco. You can either spend your valuable moments pushing it back and forth through either side of the tunnel, or pick up the greasy contraption and drop it on the table.
  1. It fills up valuable plate real estate that most definitely could have black beans, tasty rice, peppers, corn, or something else that you can, you know… Eat.
  2. Your tortilla, and/or what’s not entirely inside, is quite capable of getting stuck to the thing. Oh goody, a little problem to solve.

Yeah, a plate just works.

1 Like

And, mining. TacoHolderCoin. Now you have a heating element built-in plus a guarantee of MSM coverage.

1 Like

“Originally invented in 1964, “Crispy”(hardshelled) Tacos were an immediate failure. People across the nation were complaining about cut gums, ingredients falling after one bite, and random choking. To this day we cannot figure out why they were able to survive and attribute it to a handful of tasteless citizens.” - History.

4 Likes

1 Like

Here’s my taco holder:

image004

5 Likes

While trying to rid people of the notion that this is a taco is pointless, debating over how much people like them is probably even more so.

If you like it, great, go ahead, I won’t even get mad if you call it a taco. It should really have it’s own name though.

Problem is that it is not really something you can compare to a real taco and therefore does not belong on a heirarchy of tacos. This means that if hungry and looking for something to eat, you can be forgiven for choosing this over the tacos in @anon32019413’s picture, but to even say that the preference for one type of taco over the other is a matter of opinion is a categorical error altogether.
I don’t really want to put down the humble american taco, It’s easy to criticize but it really is it’s own thing and should be enjoyed as such.

A taco is a food delivery system, open up a corn tortilla, put something in the middle, close it and BAM! you have a taco. However, do the same thing with a flour tortilla… and you get a burrito!
Fry the taco and you have a fried taco, but roll it up before you fry it and you have flautas.

The thing is that in Mexican cuisine, just changing up part of the presentation leads you into a very different dish and trying to shoehorn the american taco into the same category as the Mexican taco is an understandable error, but an error nonetheless.

Again, not hating on the American taco, if you like it enjoy.

/rant.

Edit: Spelling

3 Likes

I grew up with chimichangas and love’em, but the north and south of Mexico do have some key differences in cuisine.

If you think this is bad, try watching Mexicans argue on whether quesadillas should have cheese!
(They totally should)

4 Likes

To clarify, it’s a welcome topic of discussion amidst the current cavalcade of shit shows being rolled out by Trump and his GOP.

Also, isn’t one of the requisite ingredients to a quesadilla cheese? How is that even an argument???

3 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

Finally, a solution everyone in this thread will agree on!

I don’t think its a Baja thing. But there are multiple forms of hard/fried taco in Mexico. They’re just better thought out than the stale pre-friend shell with ground meat option.

But they do call it something it bears no resemblance to!

2 Likes

Of course they should have cheese, hence the ques, and preferably Oaxacan or the Mennonite stuff from Chihuahua.

Also, ¡viva El Tri!

Memo Ochoa, the Mexican Wall

1 Like