Watch this glitchy, twitchy art piece DONT KNOW WHAT

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/29/watch-this-glitchy-twitchy-ar.html

3 Likes

Watching this gives me the same feeling looking at 3rd Rope Piece, or really anything Herbert and Dorothy collected. I am just not smart enough to understand it…

2 Likes

It’s like looking in a mirror!

1 Like

At about 6:30 I Snow Crashed.

2 Likes
1 Like

Plympton-esque?

stuckinarut

1 Like

Art is anything you can get away with. - MM

3 Likes

I love glitchy art and music. I find for me, I need there to be an emotional anchor to contrast with the weirdness. Otherwise, for me, it just feels like just a technical exploration of techniques.

In burials Archangle it is the soulful R&B hooks.

For the Bonobo video Cyriak uses vintage film for his emotional anchor.

2 Likes

ring ring Hello?
///FiVe DayS///

Is it polarizing because the visual part is mostly an artifact of the audio manipulation? I can see how people who approach this from the visuals first struggle to make sense of it. And I can see how people who understand what’s going on might think it‘s a bit uninspired.

I think it‘s nice, and 20 years ago it would have been groundbreaking, because it would have been a terrible amount of work to create this.

i don’t think it has anything to do with how „smart“ you are whether or not a certain piece of art resonates with you.

4 Likes

Well, call it what you want. I am unable to perceive the depth of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.