Watch this highly effective redneck furniture moving technique

Pfft. Back in my younger (free crappy couch) days we used to just throw them off the balcony, out the window, off the roof. If they land on their feet they generally survive. Of course that was before Ikea…

Redneck potato phone

Having a preference for video that doesn’t look like crap does not a snob make…

2 Likes

No, but not keeping it to yourself does.

2 Likes

Which she says while looking straight down the barrel of the very red-neck sofa cannon she was fretting about. The piece of furniture was either going straight down or right at her.

During the crush of the Velvet Revolution, (transistor) radios were banned.

To tweak the occupying Russian forces, Czech’s would walk around with brown-paper-covered bricks held up to their ears, waiting for the inevitable confiscation.

I can’t find an online citation for this, but was told the story in person by a Hungarian artist who had an artwork related to the scenario (it was a brick).

1 Like

To paraphrase Eddie Murphy: I give rednecks a hard time… because they’re rednecks.

But in all seriousness, “redneck” strikes me as kind of like the term “white trash”, where no one thinks they’re it, and everyone can safely make fun of the principle without offending anyone. And when using the term the way Xeni did its more a meme than a stereotype anyway.

agreed and Xeni, please note southern accent does not equal “redneck”.
Maybe it’s pure ignorance and she doesn’t know what a “redneck” is?

[Insert same conversation we had from two days ago]

I like to see the bottom of that couch. Ripped to shreds or just friction burns?

not redneck…

1. there are no 3 story mobile homes.
  2. too many teeth
  3. no fire involved
  4. no one had to go to the ER
  5. they weren’t sitting on the couch in whitey-tighties with camo ball caps on
    drinking beer riding the thing down the wires.

common… get your stereotypes right! if you are going to use a sterotype you have to make sure it is chalk full of actual sterotype…

(sorry @phosphorious, not sure why that reply ended up being to you instead of the article…)

1 Like

i thought they were counterweights for a pulley, so i found it a bit more exciting.

Also not sure about the redneck label. It looked to me like they accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

Last time I needed to get an old couch out of my third-floor apartment, I went out and bought an axe. I chopped the thing to smithereens, and threw the pieces out the window. Despite my Ivy League degree, I think their solution was considerably more elegant.

2 Likes

6- No white goods (washer/dryer, etc) on lawn.

1 Like

I presume she got it from the video’s youtube title, which is “red neck couch moving.”

3 Likes

You dun goofed, Mr Bresson. Internet has spoken, and vertical composition is OUT OF THE QUESTION. You hear that?

I’ll repeat this. If the problem is the black bars, all we need is a semismart player that knows when a video is vertically framed, and crop for it. Widescreen, like framerate, is a thing of habit. Most of this videos are not even seen in fullscreen.

5 Likes

I’m an engineer. Come with me if you want to live.

3 Likes

“Chock full” !

2 Likes

And I will be there to document that miraculous occasion…by filming baby Jesus in portrait mode.

4 Likes

More fun though.

1 Like