How to get out your driveway when another car is blocking it

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/18/how-to-get-out-your-driveway-w.html

2 Likes

I’m sure this solution was plain when the driver took a moment to contemplate Confucius’ teachings. Or possibly Mao’s.

3 Likes

Rich people, amirite?

Also: tactical error. That Land Rover could have done it in one push, with low range and the diffs locked. Just saying.

37 Likes

Obligatory: “That’ll buff right out.”

23 Likes

All he or she needed to do was align the frame of their car with the rear wheel of the parked car, and it would have been pushed out of the way…

6 Likes

Accurate

6 Likes

The real crime here is the vertical video. Our eyes are wider than they are tall for a reason.

30 Likes

So many apply:

“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.”

“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”

“The superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.”

But, of course,

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

24 Likes

That’s true, but it has nothing to do with focusing on something held 18 inches in front of your face. Do you also complain that newspapers and magazines usually print text in narrow columns?

8 Likes

Sun Tzu?

4 Likes

I’ll go to bat for the value of portrait video in a lot of threads, but not this one. Not because of eye-width or other evo-psych reasons, but just because the action and objects here are decidedly landscape (something something, not called a portrait-rover for a reason…).

21 Likes

That must have been so very satisfying in the moment.

7 Likes

Yes. Yes I do.

15 Likes

I prefer his approach. More time consuming, but that driver won’t block his path again.

4 Likes

There were certainly enough people gathered there to do this instead…

15 Likes

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

2 Likes

not another sideways video

…the rover guy really should have turned left when he had the lost gateway
to minimalize damages

the jag should have been a bentley

you don’t want to sheer something unnecessarily …just saying

I was a bit concerned for the people in between his car and the ones parked next to it.

1 Like

I’m not so sure I’d be patient enough to work out the complicated math. I’m more the frustrated want-to-get-out-now-without-thinking type.