How to get out your driveway when another car is blocking it

There seems to be an official in uniform (possibly police) present who is surprisingly blasé during the whole ordeal.

I love to sheer things!

3 Likes
2 Likes

This was supremely satisfying to watch. Very primal, very stupid, very much something I occasionally want to do…

But very stupid.

2 Likes

Filmed in panoramic (of the wrong sort) VerticalVision!

1 Like

I don’t know what all those people were rapidly saying but I felt compelled to start playing Russian roulette and sweat profusely.

1 Like

Get me outta here so I can get into this backed up traffic!!!

5 Likes

I’m impressed by Land Rover build quality. It looked pretty much unmarked, whilst the Jag was… not so much.

2 Likes

A group of friends and I did that something like that once with an illegally parked car blocking one of us in. We didn’t stick around afterward, but I like to think that the owner came back to find his car undamaged but tagged with a parking violation for leaving the vehicle angled 90 degrees to the curb.

2 Likes

You’re fighting a losing battle, mostly because you’re on the wrong side of it. Moving images are meant to be immersive, and that is partially accomplished by filling the field of vision (which is horizontally oriented) as much as possible. You can argue against this, but you’re arguing against reality.

That was the best part! As soon as he gets out from behind the parked car he is immediately behind another in traffic.

1 Like

At the end they open the door of the bashed car and the alarm goes off. Useful, that alarm.

4 Likes

They aren’t meant to be anything.

3 Likes

Yup. Browsers have implemented standard “reading mode” for a reason. And it’s much better than dealing with 90 three Word long
lines that are very hard
to parse. It’s
Kind of fatiguing
to read like
this.
Wasn’t it much
easier to read when
I started out?

So you’re saying that this video wouldn’t be easier to view, and the action easier to understand, if it was shot in landscape format?

1 Like

The only thing I dislike about vertical video is that players such as YouTube don’t adapt to the dimensions of the content. I have been playing with digital video for more than 15 years, and it was trivial until embedded web players. I’ve got a big pivoting display which could display it easily. Quicktime could do it 20+ years ago, VLC could do it 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Surely you can’t be suggesting that Jaguar has build quality problems. Such a notion is unheard of!

1 Like

Reminds me of the time a douchy 16 year old girl parked in my parking spot, with a nicer car than I was driving (natch a convertible mustang). There were no parking signs, and my roommate and I had had a lot of problems with people parking in our designated spaces.

I parked behind her, blocking her in with my shitty car. Then left to get dinner with my rommate. And a couple beers.

She was livid upon our return. Her father, to his credit, was very apologetic. I like to think he was cognizant of his role in the situation, but that may be wishful thinking. (To be fair, in our town, it as easily could have been the mother who bought her the car.)

2 Likes

Well, that was cathartic. Dumb, but cathartic.

2 Likes
3 Likes