Watch this hilarious dismantling of Jordan Peterson's philosophical woo

My take on his M.O. is here:

As I’ve made clear elsewhere, I don’t think he’s an adherent of the alt-right despite his pandering to them and despite his opinions on gender that would be right at home in the manosphere.

In addition to only acting on supposed “coerced speech” when trans people were covered by Canadian bill C-16, his former mentor and academic champion mentioned that’s more or equally concerned about trans people in this article. Key quote:

Not long afterwards the following message was sent from his wife’s email address exhorting recipients to sign a petition opposing Ontario’s Bill 28. That bill proposed changing the language in legislation about families from “mother” and “father” to the gender-neutral “parents.”

“A new bill, introduced in Ontario on September 29th, subjugates the natural family to the transgender agenda. The bill — misleadingly called the ‘All Families Are Equal Act’ — is moving extremely fast. We must ACT NOW to stop this bill from passing into law.”

This is not a free-speech issue so Jordan is wearing a different political hat. And what does a “transgender agenda” have to do with a bill protecting same-sex parents?

8 Likes