Watch this housecat scare off an aggressive cobra

Originally published at: Watch this housecat scare off an aggressive cobra | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Dayummm. I have been writing off cats lately as I have been entertaining getting a dog lately, but this is some next level catshit.

12 Likes

Here are the “top 5” videos of cats chasing bears; (but don’t write off dogs yet)

13 Likes

It looks like that cat may have gotten bit, so kinda sad.

3 Likes

Catshit crazy?

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi nods in approval.

6 Likes

I’d call that a draw.

1 Like

5 Likes

So fast!!

Gonna guess the cucumber ‘prank’ doesn’t work for this critter.

2 Likes

I hope housecat doesn’t have to deal with that on a regular basis.

5 Likes

Reminds me of this, by artist Alex Panagopoulos image

6 Likes

That’s eight lives left.

It probably helps that angry cats can speak snake.

3 Likes

Cats are small, but they manage to fit a lot of bastard in.

12 Likes

A Filipino colleague told me about the night he heard a commotion from the (supposedly) empty bedroom in his house. He opened the door to find a terrified cobra being swatted back and forth between his two Siamese cats. Feeling he had little to contribute to the matter, he wisely shut the door.

The cats were fine.

4 Likes

After a few seconds, you can hear the snake mutter “fuck this” before slithering off.

I think you mean “fuck thissssss”…

2 Likes

And the SOB stood there, filming his cat possibly getting killed?

I hope someone films him fighting off a cobra bare handed that is trying to get into bed with him.

If you are a cat, violence is always an option, and usually the first option. You see yourself as the apex predator of where ever you are, and are totally willing to kick ass on whatever crosses your path. And you have human servants who will clean up the mess. It’s a good life.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.