Watch this little girl swinging a python around in circles to save her guinea pig (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/01/girl-saves-guinea-pig-from-python.html

6 Likes

Good for you, Rosie…

hss

15 Likes

Impressive! That little girl just may be a secret demigod.
tumblr_mjz3yzcglc1rjl16lo2_250

17 Likes

And the snake let go of the guinea pig at the height of the swing and the pig was launched into space.

(You know what comes next…)

9 Likes

“In space no one can hear you eep.”

12 Likes

To be fair to the snake, if you didn’t want the guinea pig to be eaten, then perhaps naming it after a delicious snack was a bad idea:

5 Likes

Can’t win 'em all.

kaa-350px

5 Likes

13 Likes

I honestly can’t decide which of the two animals involved had a worse day, but I do know it could have gone much worse for the guinea pig and much better for the python.

5 Likes

I love that the local paper went with the following:

(With a spray bottle? Seriously?)

But Rosie is wise beyond her years and speaks for all of us when she says:

“And then when I lifted a spade up, I see this python. And I’m like, ‘Oh, crap”

(Edited for spellingz)

9 Likes

Wow. That is dedication! And coolness under pressure.

That’s my rodent, python!

2 Likes

“Oh my, this snake is about to swallow my beloved pet. I should get online and Google ideas for ways to separate reptiles from small animals. Aha! A spray bottle! You two wait right there, I’m going to go check our cleaning supplies!”

8 Likes

So now I put a big fence up and keep a couple of snake experts in my backyard. It’s obvious from the news that I should have done that before I got the guinea pig.

Of course now every time I fire up the barbie and turn my back, they steal my food. We’re so hungry now we may end up grilling the guinea pig anyway.

4 Likes

That’s a big guinea pig!

4 Likes

No wait - this is just an ad for Windex! Ahhh! Where’s the skip ad? Ahhhh!!!

What the snake thought, too.

LoL good one!

With a spade in one hand and a snake on the ground, I think my reaction might have been more terminal for the snake – so, good for that Australian, keeping nature alive.

7 Likes

Traumatic for everyone involved. :sob:

tumblr_nghpdcTE8s1rg5dd5o2_250

3 Likes