Watch this new Disney-Pixar short, "Bao"

My wife and I were struggling with infertility when we saw that movie, so the mid-montage heartbreak really hit home. It also didn’t help that the Pixar short that preceded the movie was all about clouds making babies for storks to deliver.

3 Likes

But do you know the muffin man?

1 Like

This was a passion project. The director (who works for Pixar) developed this solo at first, then Pixar picked it up and backed it full-force. It’s a really beautiful thing. Fun fact: it’s the only Pixar animation set in an identifiable real city.

4 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never heard this about it. Are you just making this connection yourself, or has the director cited that somewhere as an inspiration?

Inside Out was pretty explicitly set in San Francisco.

3 Likes

Bit of a bore, really.

tenor

6 Likes

Oh dang, yeah, you’re right. I’ll have to go correct my source on that tidbit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

#rollseyes #funsponge

It would be nice to be able to comment directly about this short, but unfortunately it’s not available in my miserable, benighted corner of the globe. #rollseyes

Come to think of it the Cars movies had a lot of real-life cities too (L.A., Tokyo, Paris, London, etc.) or at least vehicle-based-parallel-universe versions of those cities.

Oh, and Ratattouile was set in Paris.

I’m afraid your source on that factoid was pretty far off the mark.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.