Watch this strange laundry detergent commercial parodying Star Trek (1969)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/29/watch-this-strange-laundry-det.html

4 Likes

That’s Trekki Gold right there.

9 Likes

“i’ll be watching”

7 Likes

Zachary Quinto looks pretty good for 1969!

11 Likes

It probably incorporates Borg technology that will result is her family’s socks being lost in the mycelial network.

8 Likes

Nope. You won’t suck me into watching that. To this very day I refuse to buy Tide because of their incredibly irritating ads from the '60’s. I thinnk the theory was to annoy the viewer mightily and then they might remember the name in the store but forget the annoyance. It did NOT work that way.

Captain - that’s all the cleaning power I can give ye…

13 Likes

“Hot, warm, cool, cold. And everything in between.

SCIENCE!

6 Likes

That is one sexy Vulcan right there. I bet all the wives rushed out to buy Cheer immediately. Just sayin’.

1 Like

“Wait’ll you see my kids tomorrow!”

“Madam, I am from the future, I have already seen your kids tomorrow.”

8 Likes

Vulcansplaining :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

That was strange. Commercial moms kiss pretty weird.

1 Like

With that haircut it’s not a Vulcan… it’s a Romulan! It’s a trap! IT’S A TRAP! Stop doing laundry!!!

11 Likes

“The load is unbalancing… I cannae make it spin any faster”

12 Likes

Wouldn’t swear to it but I think the pitchman was in a Star Trek episode.

1 Like

I don’t care how sexy a Vulcan is, I still couldn’t picture myself in a relationship with someone who is only in the mood once every seven years.

3 Likes

Nice to see a company not afraid to break out the portmanteaus. These days they won’t even call S’More Oreos S’mOreos.

Clearly what we see here is an intervention in the timeline – for without sufficiently clean clothes, one of those young innocents would have otherwise grown up to establish a military dictatorship the likes of which the world had never seen! Or something.

3 Likes

“If I spin her any faster, she’ll fly apart, Captain.”

5 Likes

Obviously the work of Cutler, Gleason, and Chaough.