Watch this teen drummer show her amazing skills on a Van Halen cover

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/07/watch-this-teen-drummer-show-h.html

7 Likes

Great drumming,especially for a youngster, but god almighty, Van Halen sucks. Their first album was good and all downhil afterward. This particular song is the epitome of American teenage apathy and ignorance. God bless’em. straight to a trump win in 2016.

3 Likes

Oh, everything is worse on the second album. Also, I was into it before it was cool.

10 Likes

Drum Machines Have No Soul

Except for Shitkid

2 Likes

I’d jam with her, she could pull a Psycho Billy tune with out breaking a sweat.

1 Like

She’s definitely from the right town!

Very impressive. Girlfriend needs to put on some Rush and learn from a real drummer :wink:

11 Likes

i dunno, i disagree. their first album blew my mind, and it was all you heard everywhere the summer it came out, and it definitely changed rock and roll. it’s still my favorite of theirs. but i really like everything up to and including 1984. they were never the same after that album to me. i liked their fun years at the top of the heap like this. i’d still rather listen to this than a lot of things put out today.

3 Likes

obligatory, haha:

9 Likes

To be honest, I agree with the notion that Jazz drummers are typically better. But Peart definitely doesn’t suck, lol.

6 Likes

This is long but worth it, just trust me. skip two minutes if you can’t stand David lee rambling

Also:

2 Likes

~Keith Moon rolls over~ You go girl, but mimicking is not creating. It is super impressive, and being old enough to be your mum, I will watch with your progress with great interest. I just pray that you will not feel compelled to perform a fifth into your show.

Neil Peart and Jazz you say.

Not a big Rush fan either, :wink:

3 Likes

She’s tight. I saw the electronic kit, and first thought was: “those things quantize”, but watching the sticking, yeah, damn tight.

1 Like

no, he doesn’t suck. i adore Rush, honestly. but it’s true that Krupa and Buddy Rich were better. i think even he would agree there.

2 Likes

My issue with Piert in Rush, is he sounds like he has an atomic clock jammed up his ass. At least when playing big band, he swings a bit more.

Also, as a percussionist, any drum topic that devolves into Piert worship chaps my ass, so maybe we should get back to the playing at hand.

1 Like

was lucky enough to see Rich play in Waco… but they’s the ancients… and for my dollar I’ll take Joey Baron.

2 Likes

i absolutely love arguments about “the best drummer”… cuz you’ll usually run across a great pounder of the skins that you’ve not heard before.

and that is ALWAYS a blessed moment

9 Likes

The entire rest of their career trying to re-discover that one awesome riff.