Watch this terrific paper animation of a Japanese monster battle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/05/watch-this-terrific-paper-anim.html

5 Likes

It’s a great video, but it was already featured last week:

Joel

3 Likes

Did you ever read Boing Boing? You should. It’s entertaining!

4 Likes

Sugoi! [oops, 9 character rule!]

Really Sugoi!

Do I have to watch the whole thing again? Or can I just jump to the comments to see who posts the “repeat” first?

I am doing that now!

3 Likes

Sugoi desu. 10 characters.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is “animation” the right word? As far as I can tell it was all filmed live, in one take, which just makes it all the more impressive. “Puppetry” perhaps?

1 Like

All that effort and he couldn’t rotate his phone to horizontal?

To be fair, there does seem to be a fair amount of unintentional headbutting/stepping on toes between the authors.

As a regular member, if I post content that’s too similar to a topic that’s already been posted, I get an automatic error message notifying me of the similarity; just judging by all the dupe threads I’ve seen, I’m guessing the official authors of official BB BBS content don’t have such a feature in place… or perhaps they do, and it’s optional to turn it off.

2 Likes

Is that why I get an error message every time I post a message asking BBS members to subscribe to my newsletter?!

1 Like

While I’d seen the first video linked in the post I hadn’t seen the one with the nested paper cups before. I have seen similar ones but I think this one was the most elaborate one of its kind I’d ever seen - and it’s at least two and a half years old.

Very cool, and definitely a Wonderful Thing in my book.

3 Likes

That is an ingenious way to animate!

2 Likes

I refer you to my own theories on the matter which lead me to believe there is nothing unintentional about it. I’m just not sure what the cumulative scores are now.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.